COC betwenn BPA and Napoleonics

Re: COC betwenn BPA and Napoleonics

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:29 pm

That is great news. i wish we knew that before.
We'll talk to mak about it. Maybe we can even the odds this way by switching between coalition and french.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

So mak what do you say?
You want to show us for sure the strength of BPA? how about for the next 2 games we play coalition, then we alternate each game after that.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:31 pm

i mean this is totally up to the opponent as i remember you gave Dragons the chance to be allies when they were french side in coc2.
[N]Von Clausewitz wrote:That is great news. i wish we knew that before.
We'll talk to mak about it. Maybe we can even the odds this way by switching between coalition and french.

VC
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [BPA]Uxbridge » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Don't panic, its only 2 battles you have lost - i'm sure you will get your moment of glory soon. We will keep things as they are for now. Swapping sides kind of defeats the object of the Campaigns of the Coalition. You did play a whole COC against the Dragons as the coalition. Are you trying to tell us that playing as the coalition is the main reason you defeated the dragons? I don't think there is any odds to be even'd out but maybe we can have a COC after with the you guys as the coalition and BPA as the empire.

Uxbridge :up:
[BPA]Uxbridge

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm

It is really not the lost battles against BPA I am concerned about. This latest battle was thrown away by us more than you won it. The stupidest cavalry attack I have seen.
The previous battle was barely lost.

What concerns me are some internal testing we have done among N that showed unexpected results.
We will talk about that after the COC, I do not want to give you any ideas.

It was brought up to my attention that we might be beating the Dragons because coalition factions had an advantage, that is why I offered to switch sides to see if it makes a difference.

They lost both games as the coalition but their style of play is different than ours and yours.

We will re discuss this later.
Why play another COC which will take a couple of months when we can easily alternate factions and answer that question.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 am

I have 1 win and 9 losses in 2 weeks with the French faction. My tricks of war are now public knowledge
and my victories in the past are now questionable, the secret is out. It is well known that I have always avoided choosing the French. I have profited knowing that the French are the weakest major faction and it is my turn to suffer with them. If the rules are changed I will refuse to command a Coalition faction in this CoC. I will win with France or not at all.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am

right, obvious and painful to see that in ntw3, french is far away from her ntw2 glamorous days as a major faction ...
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Lancier wrote:right, obvious and painful to see that in ntw3, french is far away from her ntw2 glamorous days as a major faction ...

A patch will be in the working to fix that and some other abnormalities we have seen in extensive testing.

In the meantime we will finish this COC with the current version.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby stilgar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:18 am

Been registered for a while and "sneaked" around from time to time. About time to say "Hello!"

I also observed French performing averagely at times: intuitively it is a more balanced or cost-effective, if you like, combination of coalition rel. inexpensive arty and very decent and numerous infantry (think of Prussia and Austria), Brits and Russians fall in a different category. Furthermore, arillery have been buffed (canister, pivot speed) in v2 and the French possibly suffered more than the rest as artillery was always their strong side. Cavalry is still very good, but if that is lost early in battle then it is game over indeed (well, applies to any faction). So, what VC says and what Avon is trying to do in v3-beta1 seems to make sense.

NBC plays the French in CoC with Dragons and had one very close defeat and one clear defeat with French, both times against Prussians. Prussian infantry was the central player in both, I would say.

To echo the Sloop's comment, I would not change the French for coalition now :evil:
stilgar

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:20 am

prussia 3 carried me to old ntw2 days, reminded me the first few battles i watched in 2009 autumn when i just joined Napoleonics. congratulations gentlemen nice victory.
[N]Lancier
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3