Why I don't play anymore

Re: Why I don't play anymore

Postby [N]Tactacus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Gunners take on you lot!!
Amazing really, I predicted this when they first started working on it, "they" wanted it fast and furious.......not slow and steady, and we all knew where that would lead to.

I better shut up, at least they are trying to fix it now, and we have a saying, "better late than never" so it's good news, just 18 months late is all.

Even better news if it can bring Dougie and Friant back, and who knows, maybe some of the many who stopped playing it over the last year or so.

Thanks for your hard work but v2 is rubbish,even though hes been playing it for 18 months :grin:
I wish gunner,friant and dougie were lordz instead of you guys,that way the mod would be great!!! well in theory anyway...
BTW who stopped playing it? Apart from the vanilla horde who said it was to SLOW....

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

When melee was overpowered and mass infantry charges became dominant, the counter was cavalry and it soon was called overpowered. When spammed artillery threatened cavalry and everyone cried about canister exploitation, mass infantry became the new style. When large units became the dominant in firepower, and tournaments forced some gamey bitch to fight with French, now melee is over powered, again.

Every game, every mod, and all future attempts at perfection will have flaws. In a few years we will criticize NTWIII version 4.0 for being old and historically incorrect with plenty of exploits and a even more special NBC rules. Gunner will have a whole new set of complaints and I will be playing Zombie Sex Slaves IV.

I loose interest after I have seen it all, when there are no more puzzles to solve. This is when the community has learned all the tricks you invented, all the strategies you created, and all the gamey bitch exploits you discovered. Time for a new mod.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]LS » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm

When melee was overpowered and mass infantry charges became dominant, the counter was cavalry and it soon was called overpowered. When spammed artillery threatened cavalry and everyone cried about canister exploitation, mass infantry became the new style. When large units became the dominant in firepower, and tournaments forced some gamey bitch to fight with French, now melee is over powered, again.

I've said so in the beta, v1 and v2 but shooting simply sucks. Slowing movement is not the answer it will not stop people from using charging tactics (dunno about others but it didn't stop me from charging in all versions) . What it will do is make EVERYONE use nations that have the better shooters which has happened. Charging is now being used as the main weapon to stop people playing passive and shooting all day which required absolutely no skill whatsoever.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby [N]Tactacus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Yes LS i agree,played a HB waterloo with Diaz last night which ended up with a mass brawl in the center,looked almost like classic melee but obviously slower.
I dont think it really matters anymore what you do to this mod it can still end up like that.

Me
[N]Tactacus

Postby [N]Lancier » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm

obvious that LS is the 1st who discovered melee in v1 & v2 while people were sitting and firing whole day. :grin: then slowly no gun is added to that style for some people and we finally are here.. conversely i still like it cause winning still requires team work, like ntw2. some people moved to HBs but as long as we can have classic competitive games it is still fun for me maybe because i can not melee good with some lag i still have the enthusiasm of victory inside me. :lol:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Even in classic, shooting is still my favorite form to effect. A "shooting" player has to see the melee forming up and prepare to defeat it which takes the will to sacrafice and a high degree of skill, both of which the vast majority of players lack. By the time the melee is drawn out the shooters will succeed. My complaint was mainly that the larger the unit the better it faired in a firefight; thus Austria, Prussia, and even Russia (get in close) became the superior shooting factions.

V2 is on it's way out so the effort and comments here should be moved to the play testing threads.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Clinch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:34 pm

The thing that has always prevailed (as LS stated) has been charging. Why sit and be passive if you can charge in and beat your opponent in 5 minutes. I have always said to just get rid of muskets altogether. The thing is, I have no desire to play this game if it is just another version of Rome. I find the chaos of mass melee to be extremely overdone on the TW engine. I cant understand why someone would want to play a napoleonic or civil war type game if they find shooting to be passive. In its infancy NTW3 played well because charging was rare. It was very effective but still rare. Now it seems rare to find a battle that shooting matters. Shooting is just something you do while you prepare a charge.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Tactacus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 am

You could bring a list of rules in to stop people mass meleeing clinch.A no running,or maybe a no charging rule. Or you could make morale so twitchy that it never gets to melee well only 2% of the time then everyone would be happy no? so if i charge in game 100 times i only expect to reach the enemy twice. Crack on Avon.

Me
[N]Tactacus

Postby [N]Lancier » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:41 pm

that is true but i always thought with a slight decrease in charge bonus the mod would be still fun ..?
Shooting is just something you do while you prepare a charge.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Clinch » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Yeah playing with rules is soooooo nbc. I dont wanna bitch and moan and im not being a baby im just letting everyone know that im not really playing anymore because of this. I dont wanna take anything away from the lordz. I know there has been much hard work involved. Im also not stating some kind of boycott.
[N]Clinch
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3