Regimental-level mod

Re: Regimental-level mod

Postby [N]Fullin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:51 pm

stilgar wrote:
[N]Fullin wrote:
stilgar wrote:I have a question regarding the regimental mod that is supposed to be part of v6 release, at least as far as I've heard. I suppose that is the mod we used with Fullin's campaign. If so, how different/similar it will be stats-wise to what we've seen? Thanks!

It is more or less that one....

quite smilar stat-wise.

Good to hear that, Fullin. Any new nations and/or maps to be included?

I have loaded the 2-3 months old version used in campaign and it looks and feels great to me. Thanks for deciding to share it with masses.

The regimental is a HB MP crossover.
Rosters are fix
there are 2 modules
each are divided in more or less 10 faction a side comprised of 2 division each (generalizing)
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby stilgar » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Awesome! 1806 roster is a nice surprise indeed! I hope release is not far away, otherwise I'll have to bribe you to get an early access.
stilgar

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:56 pm

[N]Fullin wrote:
A regimental scale, I will proceed to explain, will have no grenadiers units, will have no squares, the scale is different, so shooting distances will vary, a regiment can not get into a house ( not into mine anyway) , a regiment will not run as a unit. and i can go on......

Hope it helps to clarify why our 6 month work and more than 157 test version is not changing the unit size.

Thats how I make things around here.

Thank you for your adult response, now i understand how things are being done here.
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Sloop » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:02 pm

oOIYvYIOo wrote:
[N]Fullin wrote:
A regimental scale, I will proceed to explain, will have no grenadiers units, will have no squares, the scale is different, so shooting distances will vary, a regiment can not get into a house ( not into mine anyway) , a regiment will not run as a unit. and i can go on......

Hope it helps to clarify why our 6 month work and more than 157 test version is not changing the unit size.

Thats how I make things around here.

Thank you for your adult response, now i understand how things are being done here.
To clarify, "things" are not being done here at all.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:17 pm

[N]Sloop wrote: To clarify, "things" are not being done here at all.

Thank you for your adult response, now i understand how things are not being done here.
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:31 pm

I recently tested the latest version of NTW3 "Regimental" and it was interesting. My opinion is that it seems very historical and it is also quite fun. It plays very similar to previous attempts at this scale and looks very promising. Of course it needs adjustments but it believe it is progressing successfully.

Although the modders may disagree and some members of the community may cry revolt, it would be very convenient to have a website and forum where the latest regimental version could be accessible to all. This would create feedback and promote discussions on the mod. It would allow availability to the latest download so we could "test" the mod without the designers being present. We could then share it with friends and promote more interest in the project. At this time in our dwindling community anything that might promote interest in NTW should be unanimously welcomed.

I believe this "website" should be at the Lordz forum however if this would be inappropriate then another location could easily be provided.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby stilgar » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 am

I think the regimental mode might bring the thrill and perhaps some people who gave up on classic and/or HB for various reasons back. I have also hope that this mod will be used for campaigns, as it is meant to be. I know, Fullin, you're probably smiling in disbelief, but the last two campaigns were great and all they needed were few more interested players.
With mod released and accessible to everyone, things might look up for a NTW3 campaign again. I have already spread the word among the "dead" and they reacted with enthusiasm. Even Ns Emperor appears interested (hehe)

Dedicated site sounds like a very good idea, but official release (even as beta version) will be an important step (comprehensive release notes will be of great importance!). I understand why you are being cautious about your proposal, Sloop, but perhaps its time to forget about that splitting-community nonsense once and for all. The other half of the community left the "building" a while ago or more recently, when it became clear that there will be no alternative to the classic mod. HB was a decent replacement for some, but that did not turn to be everyone's cup tea. Besides, "HB folk" has always craved for NTW3-based campaign and Desaix had been looking into modding for that, but those plans never came to life. So, this mod is very welcome and might actually bring new life into community.

Anyway, I am all up for this new Napoleonic adventure. Looking forward to release, but ready to join beta testing any time.
stilgar

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Insightful insight stilgar. I agree with what you have said. Note that campaigns will garner some attention but the vast majority of interest will be in lobby matches.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Fullin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:08 am

stilgar wrote:I think the regimental mode might bring the thrill and perhaps some people who gave up on classic and/or HB for various reasons back. I have also hope that this mod will be used for campaigns, as it is meant to be. I know, Fullin, you're probably smiling in disbelief, but the last two campaigns were great and all they needed were few more interested players.
With mod released and accessible to everyone, things might look up for a NTW3 campaign again. I have already spread the word among the "dead" and they reacted with enthusiasm. Even Ns Emperor appears interested (hehe)

Dedicated site sounds like a very good idea, but official release (even as beta version) will be an important step (comprehensive release notes will be of great importance!). I understand why you are being cautious about your proposal, Sloop, but perhaps its time to forget about that splitting-community nonsense once and for all. The other half of the community left the "building" a while ago or more recently, when it became clear that there will be no alternative to the classic mod. HB was a decent replacement for some, but that did not turn to be everyone's cup tea. Besides, "HB folk" has always craved for NTW3-based campaign and Desaix had been looking into modding for that, but those plans never came to life. So, this mod is very welcome and might actually bring new life into community.

Anyway, I am all up for this new Napoleonic adventure. Looking forward to release, but ready to join beta testing any time.

Time will tell...
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Lancier » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:11 am

stilgar wrote:... but the last two campaigns were great and all they needed were few more interested players.
With mod released and accessible to everyone, things might look up for a NTW3 campaign again.

Hardest thing with these is the meeting i think, it is even harder than the first dates ^^ Image Having tried some systems best seems to be the representative style (but using clans) so responsibility of gathering others in the clan belongs to the team captains. Clans' campaign would be good, 1 representative (also doing master map moves) from each clan to gather their own gangs for the battle time.(Anyone not member of the clans sure would join the campaign too like Alfr participating tourneys with some clan teams)
I guess GM would be a good place for such a RegMod clans' campaign ..? ^^ Image

Campaign X
French: Clan A,B,C,D ...
Allies: Clan E,F,G,H ...

Battle X1: Clan A VS Clan E
Battle X2: Clan B VS Clan F
or am i dreaming Image ? ^^
[N]Lancier
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3