Beta NTW3

Beta NTW3

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:59 pm

I am sorry when I was moving the thread started by sloop about NTW3 beta testing ti which Byron replied it got deleted. I moved it first then I was deleting the shadow thread and they both got deleted. Sorry about that. Please post all NTW3 related issues here.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Re: Beta NTW3

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Byron posted:

Moral of archduke charles legion needs upping same for cold stream guard.
Kgl dragoons are better and cost same as regular dragoons.
Silesian shutzen have better stats and cost less than jaegers.
British have best melée stats!!
Austrian jaegers are 123 men instead of 82.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:20 pm

After further study we have found numerous questionable ratings for many of the units that are contrary to historical accuracy. In an attempt to possibly rectify this in future mods we are undertaking a study of unit capabilities.

Avon is working on a spreadsheet that will allow easier access and overall observation of the statistics.
Because Avon is an avid tabletop war-gamer, historian, and an elite Napoleonic war game veteran with a multitude references at his disposal, he will be able to help us produce more historically accurate statistics for the units with appropriate costs.

As time is a concern we hope to have a draft ready in about a week. I will be assisting Avon in this endeavour and we will be monitoring this topic for your opinions.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]BdColonel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Sounds good to me.

Just a reminder though: All relevant info should at least be copied in the beta room in the lordz forum, so that all beta testers can see and comment on it. Thanks
[N]BdColonel
General

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 pm

NOTE TO AVON!
Cease input of statistics. BDC has them already in excel.

Good point BDC, we need to post at lordz's forum.
Look for the "blueberry" topic.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Byron » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 am

I would post feedback at the Lordz forum, but I have not been able to register. If you could assist me with that BdColonel, it would be much appreciated.
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby [N]BdColonel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 am

registration is now automatic. So just get through the crap-captcha and give me your username, and I'll set you up.
[N]BdColonel
General

Postby [N]Byron » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:26 am

My username is "G. G. Byron." (Without the quotes). Thank you.
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby [N]Byron » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:14 am

I'm all set up now. Thank you.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:48 am

Thank you sloop for the glowing, but honest, introduction (Joking of course). :lol:
I will with the help &, no doubt, criticism of Sloop & other forum members both here & at the Lordz be trying to balance the forces. Hopefully we can give then a strong historical flavour without creating any ‘uber-armies’.

As well as tinkering with the stats I wonder if other points of difference between the various Napoleonic armies could be portrayed. For example, the size of artillery batteries. Historically, most nations deployed batteries of 6-8 guns, the main exception being Russia where 12 guns was the norm. Also horse (or if you are Austrian, cavalry) batteries were often smaller than foot batteries.
If we assume some kind of scaling of the units then the following might be a good way to portray batteries in our game (not an exhaustive list):

2 real cannon = 1 game cannon
French: Foot batteries 4 guns, Horse batteries 3 guns
British: foot & horse 3 guns
Prussian: Foot & horse 4 guns
Austrian: Foot 4, heavy(12lber) foot 3, Cavalry 3.
Russia: Foot 6, horse 4, Cossack batteries 6.

I haven’t got my references in front of me, so I might be a bit off on a couple of the numbers.

The Crew sizes also varied Between Nations with all British, & French Guards having significantly larger crews. Could this be reflected in the unit crew sizes or is it best portrayed through a superior fire rate (reloading skill).

Another thing that varied was morale. Generally Horse artillery was considered an Elite & the French Guard & British Royal Artillery should have more gumption than other units.
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Next

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3