First Ntw3 MP - 3v3 Hist Tournament

Re: First Ntw3 MP - 3v3 Hist Tournament

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Here is the customary analysis on the battle from our perspective.
It would be nice to hear the dragons account of the battle too.

LS was prussia on our left, me as britain in the center and sloop as britain on the right.
Our plan was to take la haie sainte in the center which is in a pivotal location in the center.
After that LS and I will attack left while sloop keeps them occupied on the right.

From the first few minutes it was obvious that the french are massing on our left (their right) so the plan was reversed, we would attack right and defend on the left.

We brought as much heavy cavalry as we could as british to support our advance fearing french heavy cavalry that was lacking it turned out on the french side (i counted 2-3 cuirassiers total).
Our Artillery being no match for the french we only brought 2 batteries each, all 6 lbs and one was a howitzer. Like wellington we decided to use the reverse slopes and sunken roads for cover from french cannon balls.

We had decent shooting infantry and planed to prolong fire fights while avoiding being canistered. You can see in the battle the constant maneuvering to attack away from canister.

I fixed the french center while sloop maneuvered on the flank.
My only concern was that the prussians were further away from me than the french facing them from their center.

Constant dispatches were sent to the prussians to hurry up but kept getting the von gneiseau personality of LS (distrustful of wellington and the british) and kept getting excuses:

" Ve are habing problemz wiz ze artillery catching up", "Ve are coming, ve vill be zere on time, hold on" etc...

Finally as the french center kept being reinforced from their right flank I sent an ultimatum to LS.
If our center breaks and battle is lost I will personally head a firing squad and execute him.

his von blucher personality took over and he went:
"Raize ze black flagz my sonz, no pity, I vill shoot anyone wiz pity in his eyez"

For the next 5 minutes the prussian plan was not very clear to me, running, charging, routing, reforming, running again... Units going into the enemy, some to the flank, some retreating. I thought either this is an avant-guardist military tactic I had the privilege of witnessing or the stress of being executed drove von blucher mad.
Regardless the center was stablized, order was restored and prussian casualties were not as bad as originally thought.

The last wild card the french had was a mass of cavalry. Once that was routed, I ordered a rider to head to tge channel with news of our victory while a full advance was ordered.

The Dragons played very well and until their cavalry was neutralized in the last 5 minutes of the battle the outcome was still uncertain.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Byron » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:45 am

Hurray for [N], and congratulations to the Emperor!
:drunk:
Perhaps a replay could be posted?
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby Somerset » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 am

Somerset

Previous

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3