Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 pm

There's no compromise with meth-head Vegans
[N]Clinch
Officer

Re: """ NTW3 Clans LADDER """

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Clinch wrote:Napoleonics here too

good luck everyone hunt any nbc and grognard anywhere you see as a team :smile:
Please do not forget to take the result screenshots of victories to put on lordz forum afterwards. :drunk:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby Somerset » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 am

[N]Sloop wrote:So, if the ranks are by clans and the statistics by teams then our lesser members should not join. If individual stats are recorded as well then I will not ally myself with anyone but the best. If you can not help me and bring my rank higher then do not ask me to fight with you. Why climb a ladder if not to reach the top?

comon Sloop i know you rely on all your officers as much as nbc and grogs do. :up:

Better not to have been born than to live without glory.
............................................Napoleon Bonaparte

welcome to the clans ladder gents. :cool:

noone ll register individually, N is in now, any 2,3,4 N against any 2,3,4 NBC or grog is a ladder game. we expect to have 1,2 more clans now then we start. gl.
Somerset

Postby Somerset » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:16 am

Sloop wrote:Ladders can be ugly. Imagine the arguments in the community over a ladder due to drops, cheats, etc. We can hardly have a simple tourney without overwhelming drama and endless debate. In fact we can hardly have a friendly game without these argumentative aspects in our community. A ladder will segregate games into ladder or non-ladder games. If successful a large segment of the community or even the majority of players will predominately play ladder games. Higher ranked players will refuse games to protect their stats while lower ranked payers will hound the best players for a shot up the ladder. Those not on the ladder will be divided into a separate type of group, living outside the popularity as well as the frustration and politics of a ladder. Tournaments, ladders and ranking systems, change the dynamic of the hobby from a contest of Gentlemen into a schoolgirls' cat fight. We all fight for victory and most of us with honor. But we also fight for the glory of the battle during the battle. The excitement of the contest while it is raging. Other than these motivators, the idea of profit and loss, recorded publicly on a record, will loom as the primary goal of ladder participants.
If I were to join the ladder it would be to reach the top. The level of victory and the history of the battle will no longer be significant. Only another reported victory will matter. A good fight will be irrelevant. A Gentleman's duel, a relaxing contest or a casual game will no longer exist. If you want a game with me then join the ladder as I can't waste my time with non-profit games. The less experience you have the better because I will use you to pad my stats. Historical simulation, the nostalgic feel of a Gentleman's community, and much of the honor will be lost. All this for a small payment of prestige and popularity. I will use all tools at my disposal and have no mercy to reach #1. Except for the minimal confines of honor, I will kill, slaughter, and destroy anyone and everyone who stands in my way... IF I were to join the ladder.

You all wanted to keep clans for ntw3, what do clans live for ? why do we have clans, to say Americans are from clan A but British are from clan C ? or you like clans cause your all same minded people? Do you think if Tac come to NBC we ll hate him or if red go to N you ll hate him? I wanted a lordz community with no clans but no no no … ppl want and like clans as they support and like their teams. Which means competition.

Or we all could abolish all ntw3 clans and only come together as the lordz community...
I know no way, hawks and Nwc can do this but TW ppl no they will only do this to eat cakes and drink tea.

Our ladder is not something personal only clans as a whole compete so don’t worry ppl wont feel something different than what they feel now while playing “clan battles”, they ll feel just like they did in ntw2 or they do in ntw3 now. Clan battles are clan battles they were so important for everyone, they are now, and they will be, we all know they are show off, ladder or no ladder.
I never see someone flee from a clan battle this is the nature of TW games we only keep track of them that’s all, being a clan maybe hard but being a gaming community as lordz is harder and harer which means a place where all clans come together with other rebels for gaming is not that easy we need activities like cwl,tourneys,ladders, we need competitions,battle result posts,AARs and replays. Otherwise why ppl would visit your forum, listen to my quarrel with fullin or mottas with grogs?
Somerset

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:36 am

Azor,

I see your point of view. Well said.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes Azor, we see your point.

For a long time i wanted to make a club like the hawks and not remain a clan. It would have been better i think to have everyone on one forum. But the hawks started as a group that was rather homogenous and built on it. Here we are trying to merge existing clans (like merging companies) that already have a set hierarchy. Like when you merge corporations, people in positions of power will be fired.
No one would like that, so no one wants to merge with another clan.

I can get along with liberalis just fine, i know his ego and i know how to cater to it and get what i want at the same time, whereas i would fire gunner immidiately. No one likes people that only see the gloom and doom of every situation and refuse to partake in any project because of all the forseen possible complications no matter how unlikely they are.
He would argue that a lot of bad things can happen with the sun rising from the east but he is unsure if it would be better if it rose from the west. But maybe if we put some rules and only have it rise from the east between 5 am and 6am except for the weekend when it would rise later that might be better. but then again a weekend for moslims is friday and saturday whereas for christians it is saturday and sunday, so he forsees future problems, so maybe we should abandon sun rising but concentrate on the lunar cycle, or maybe we should.....
Never ending debate with no solutions offered, just a statement of all possible hurdles magnified to the nth degree to discourage people. And like every kid in the playground, when he does not get his way he takes the ball and goes home.

I did not really mean to pick at him but i just wanted to tell you why a no clan community is not possible. Remember my efforts to accomplish that in Comanders at War and what happened and why it failed.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby Somerset » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:15 pm

- caw started well could be good , we have to thank you for that, you worked hard for it, dont blame anyone for the end but me and endless discussions between Lib - Jakob with Gunner i couldnt resist anymore.
- Gunner is the one who participates “all community activities” first, caw,cwl,clanwars,ladder many others i started :grin: etc etc. 1 activity he didnt join was “napoelonics world” Dury created which was closed to other clans anyway ;)
- Just your methods differ with him, i know him about 3 years he is a good man even more positive than me from time to time and a good friend. A reliable man who give many chances to ppl and respect all views, listens and replies everyone,i never seen him brush aside an objection, i think you call all these maturity.
- But i know no-clan community is not possible now so we try to find a way to take pleasure of this current situation, hope “clans ladder” will give us back our pure clan battles like we 4 * N,NBC,Grogs and KO had with ntw2. thats all we need i guess or we ll have many new members in the community who register play sometime and leave.
So lets have some "gentlemens clan battles" or whatever :up:
Somerset

Postby Somerset » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:55 am

Starts on 5th September, Monday.
1vs1 also included!
Somerset

Postby Somerset » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:43 am

get your european corp rdy gents! nbc mostly be on at 1930 gmt for 1st round, second round start around 2030~2100 be in lordz steam group chat. :fist: :drunk:
Somerset

PreviousNext

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3