""" NTW3 Clans LADDER """

""" NTW3 Clans LADDER """

Postby Somerset » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 pm

o The highest ranked Clan holds the #1 position. Other clan ranked #2 is ranked below the #1 player. So, the goal is to "climb" the Ladder all the way to the top.
o When a clan first join its placed in the "Unranked" category of the Ladder.
o They become "Ranked" after winning their first Ladder match. (Unranked clans can play each other and the winner becomes ranked at the bottom of the ladder.)
o When a clan defeat a higher ranked clan it moves up half the distance between their rank and its own. If you are ranked #50 and you beat the #1 ranked clan your clan new rank would be #25.
o Your clan rank on the Ladder does not go down if you lose a match unless your opponent is ranked DIRECTLY below you.
If you were ranked #5 and you were defeated by the #6 clan your new rank would be #6.
o When other clans beat clans above you and jump over you in rank your clan will slide down.
o Some special rule exists for clans ranked in the Top three. If your clan is in top 3 you have to accept challenges coming from other ranked clans and play the battle in a sensible time. Dead line to play it is 2 weeks otherwise you drop 2 ranks.
o Clans have to post battle result screenshots for their victories.
o For clan battles no rebels or other clan members allowed.
o Only 2v2,3v3 and 4v4 battles are counted.

** Tac thanks for the ladder idea. :wink:

Please post here if you want to register your clan: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic ... 38&t=12663
Somerset

Re: """ NTW3 Clans LADDER """

Postby [N]Clinch » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Hmmm... why this looks familiar.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

WikiLeaks.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Tactacus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 pm

LOL azor are you aure your not chinese? :grin:

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Ladders can be ugly. Imagine the arguments in the community over a ladder due to drops, cheats, etc. We can hardly have a simple tourney without overwhelming drama and endless debate. In fact we can hardly have a friendly game without these argumentative aspects in our community. A ladder will segregate games into ladder or non-ladder games. If successful a large segment of the community or even the majority of players will predominately play ladder games. Higher ranked players will refuse games to protect their stats while lower ranked payers will hound the best players for a shot up the ladder. Those not on the ladder will be divided into a separate type of group, living outside the popularity as well as the frustration and politics of a ladder. Tournaments, ladders and ranking systems, change the dynamic of the hobby from a contest of Gentlemen into a schoolgirls' cat fight. We all fight for victory and most of us with honor. But we also fight for the glory of the battle during the battle. The excitement of the contest while it is raging. Other than these motivators, the idea of profit and loss, recorded publicly on a record, will loom as the primary goal of ladder participants.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:43 pm

If I were to join the ladder it would be to reach the top. The level of victory and the history of the battle will no longer be significant. Only another reported victory will matter. A good fight will be irrelevant. A Gentleman's duel, a relaxing contest or a casual game will no longer exist. If you want a game with me then join the ladder as I can't waste my time with non-profit games. The less experience you have the better because I will use you to pad my stats. Historical simulation, the nostalgic feel of a Gentleman's community, and much of the honor will be lost. All this for a small payment of prestige and popularity. I will use all tools at my disposal and have no mercy to reach #1. Except for the minimal confines of honor, I will kill, slaughter, and destroy anyone and everyone who stands in my way... IF I were to join the ladder.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Lancier » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:00 pm

i think there are no ladder and non ladder players here, clans as a group register or not.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 pm

So, if the ranks are by clans and the statistics by teams then our lesser members should not join. If individual stats are recorded as well then I will not ally myself with anyone but the best. If you can not help me and bring my rank higher then do not ask me to fight with you. Why climb a ladder if not to reach the top?
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Lancier » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:27 pm

So, if the ranks are by clans and the statistics by teams then our lesser members should not join

neck or nothing :greetings: either we all join as [N] or none of us.
individual stats are not recorded.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:12 am

[N]Sloop wrote:So, if the ranks are by clans and the statistics by teams then our lesser members should not join. If individual stats are recorded as well then I will not ally myself with anyone but the best. If you can not help me and bring my rank higher then do not ask me to fight with you. Why climb a ladder if not to reach the top?

Who cares? Let everyone have fun!
[N]Clinch
Officer

Next

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3