NTW3 V2 initial reviews and AARs

NTW3 V2 initial reviews and AARs

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey guys I started this to get your thought of V2 and to post V2 battle reports.

We had a 4v4 last night that was a good fun battle but alot of issues seem to have come up. I will have a vid of the battle hopefully next week when I get my new pc :smile: .

Things I noticed:
Maps are beautiful
Units amazing
sounds are really good
line combat was alot of fun
cav fighting was really good, I like the fatigue increase for running cav

My main concers was ARTY--> It felt to me as arty has been nerfed in the canister area. I watched my ally get charged and fire a close volley of canister that was worthless. Later in the game I was charged held fire tell point blank and fired with all four Prussian guard 6s and killed 12 enemy which = 3 kills per gun at point blank. This of course was the first game so I will keep looking into this.

So here is Our first 4v4
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50576 ... 79A22F9D2/

I will get the AAR vid out as soon as I can.

:charge: :charge:
[N]Bloody Bill

Re: NTW3 V2 initial reviews and AARs

Postby [N]Tarheel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Bloody Bill or anyone else,

Do you mind posting the link to the download site or PM me the link? I cannot seem to find the link anywhere on the lordz site, but that might be a conspiracy to prevent me from crashing more games.
[N]Tarheel

Postby [N]Fullin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Most important thing that makes me happy is a 4v4 very laggy no ctd!
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:57 pm

@ Fullin, I was very pleased with the battle. It was laggy alot in the beginning but got smoother. There were no drops so this is very good :smile: I think the battle played out very well and I really enjoyed it.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Tactacus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Yes I mirror everything bill said exaxctly! Beautiful,however my yg art fired cannister pb into half strength exhausted cav and they still took the art (they were snails pace). Put the bounce bacjk in dem balls. Probably want inbetween this and v1 looks like you hit either side of perfect imo lads. Speed? I didn't mind it but it took easy 20 mins to get near action I think,now that's a long time to listen to a drunken sloop and cowman and whitead hitting each other over the heads with handbags if you catch my drift.
My prediction, lovely line fights,a lot more breaking the line with melee and rolling up the flank and basically charging until your exhausted then rest. I love everything you have done but I will reserve my judgement on the art for now guys. Btw I really enjoyed the battle and the company, excellent breakthrough the center by my french grens and whiteheads otto cav decided the outcome.
Special mention in dispatches to general clinch very fine performance general. Also fron what I saw bill was steadfast and was giving cowman a good old N spanking.
Bravo!

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Ciprian » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I will be back very soon...
[N]Ciprian

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:08 pm

At first glance this mod is impressive in scope and magnitude. It must also stand as the most beautiful graphic presentation of a strategy game to date. After a few battles the gist of the mod is revealing itself and eventually I will determine my thoughts about it. Of course there are a few quirks that may need attention however I see no major flaws immediately apparent. I will however not offer a critical opinion of the mod in its entirety as this can only be determined after extensive familiarization. I am not naive enough to voice criticisms yet, and I will judge with caution because as in Version One I have never heard an opinion that did not change within a matter of weeks.

I find it exciting that I, probably before anyone else, including the designers themselves, will know, understand, and master the game-play of this creation. The mother Lordz may give birth to the baby but it will be grandfather Sloop who will make it sing.

As for the Lordz; I give embracing praise and much gratitude for their labor and hard work. It is apparent that Version Two is a monolith of effort and dedication and for this I thank you.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Fullin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Thank you.
Very much appreciated.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Sloop & others,
thanks for the kind words.
I've read more positive comments on this thread than anywhere else.

As pointed out everywhere, canister is a problem.
Fullin & I had a look at my first fix today & found it still a little weak.
So I have spent all day running over 100 canister firing tests to Finally get it right.
Well, it better be. :smile:
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Postby [N]Tactacus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:31 pm

I bet that's in the middle of v1 and v2 yes ? Great stuff anyway guys it does look stunning on a replay. Btw clinch I hear you buddy but once on the ride you cannot get off until it stops mate, certainly not now. Weather I agree or not with changes I'll test and give my feedback good or bad just like these guys do. May I suggest we try to get as many of us together as possible in the same 4v4.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Next

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3