NTW3 V2 initial reviews and AARs

Re: NTW3 V2 initial reviews and AARs

Postby [N]Whitehead » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Speed? I didn't mind it but it took easy 20 mins to get near action I think,now that's a long time to listen to a drunken sloop and cowman and whitead hitting each other over the heads with handbags if you catch my drift.

LOL Hilarious and soooo true

Love the changes you have made to the mod. I do not believe 4v4 would have been as slow as it was if there would have been no lag. 2v2 and 3v3 seem to play quite well and relatively slower than in v1, but not much. My main concern was canister, but you say you have fixed that so that is great. I will say I preferred the old musket sounds so adding those back in would be nice. (They were more realistic even though they did not have quite the pop that they should)
[N]Whitehead

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:12 am

Hopefully, this will be my last word on canister.
Canister seems a little too popular. With unlimited shot, it would seem that most of the pack animals of the train were carrying grapeshot.
It seems more like that nifty little weapon that one wants in addition to firearms in a fps like Battlefield.
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.- Tolstoy
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Byron » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:53 am

I have not yet played a battle in version 2, so at this point I cannot comment on gameplay. I have, however, examined the new maps. Two things need to be said:

(1) The new maps rock.

(2) Fullin rocks.
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Does anyone know if a v.2 player can see v.1 games in Steam and vice-versa?
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Clinch » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Pretty sure a V2 player would see a V1 game but not vice-versa.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]DunkFunk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 am

So far so good. Liking the feel of the game without reading into to much detail have not come across anything that seems underpowered or over ( but then again i have only been playing rabble or grogs) hopefully get online soon!
[N]DunkFunk

Postby [N]Lancier » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:30 pm

charges are more common now and easier compared to ver1. I thought we tried to turn them down a little with ver2 but just the opposite happened :roll also these malee last longer so someone who plan a mass with inf melee+cavalry have easier times compared to ver1. :up
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby Ank » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:23 am

[N]Lancier wrote:charges are more common now and easier compared to ver1. I thought we tried to turn them down a little with ver2 but just the opposite happened :roll also these malee last longer so someone who plan a mass with inf melee+cavalry have easier times compared to ver1. :up

this is true partially especially players with Russia, Aus. as well maybe charge quickly with Cav support as they know they ll lose against french and brits muskets BUT remember our ntw2 days and grogs with it, this adds variability to the game so you ll know you must take precautions against such factions before game starts. :up:
Ank

Previous

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3