1:1 scale battle

1:1 scale battle

Postby [N]Tarheel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:26 pm

I know Bloody Bill had tried to organize this previously, and since I was unable to play until recently, I would like to try a 4v4 battle at 1:1 scale. Three players would take command of a battalion (essentially forming a brigade) with one player taking control of brigade guns/1 squadron of cav (preferably light or dragoon only).

If the Alliance's Faction choice is France:

French players would have 3 voltiguer companies, 4 fusiliers, and 1 grenadier. The player taking control of the brigade guns and 1 squadron would take 3 batteries 6lbrs and 2 batteries of howitzers (9 guns and 4 howitzers) and 2 cav (~80 troopers)of the same type.

If the Alliance's Faction choice is Russia

Three Russian players would have 2 grenadier, 3 musketeers (when formed in line the grenadiers would be on each flank). The player taking control of brigade guns/cav would take 6 batteries (24 guns) and 2 cav (80 troopers.

If the Alliance's Faction choice is Austria:

Three Austrian players would have 6 german/hungarian (choose only 1 type) fusiliers and 1 grenadier german/hungarian (must match nationality of fusilier). The player taking control of brigade guns/cav would take 2-3 cav (~150 troopers) and 2 batteries (6 guns)

If the Alliance's Faction choice is Prussia:

One Prussian player would take 4 Fusiliers and 1 jaeger. Two Prussian players would take 4 musketeers and 1 grenadier. The player taking control of brigade guns/cav would take 2-3 cav (~150 troopers) and 2-3 batteries (~8-9 guns).

If the Alliance's Faction choice is Great Britain:

Three GB players take 2 rifle, 8? foot, 1 Highland(grenadier?). The player taking control of brigade guns/cav take 2 cav (~90 troopers) and 4-6 (can't remember if they have 3 or 2 guns) batteries (12 guns).

Rules: no square, except if you form it manually using your companies. If commanding battalions, unmount the generals to act more like captains. If commanding brigade guns/cav keep general mounted. I'll admit the GB faction looks overpowered, but my sources say they had 10 companies with 600 men per battalion. Suggestions, is this playable? I think the varying organization of battalions would make for even more diversity among nations.

Tarheel.
[N]Tarheel

Re: 1:1 scale battle

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Very interesting conceept especially with the squares and I'll defo give this a go and so will bill.I cannot say atm when I'll be available.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Re: 1:1 scale battle

Postby [N]Tarheel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Question to those interested in this type of battle. Seeing how most of the nations can only bring 1 cav (the ones with 80-90 troopers), would it be better to bring a regiment of cav instead?

France would bring 4 cav (representing 4 squadrons), with one having 6 chevrons to represent an elite squadron in the regiment

Russia would bring 6 cav(representing 6 squadrons) , with one having 6 chevrons to represent the lieb squadron

Austria would bring 6 cav (representing 6 squadrons)

Prussia would bring 4 cav (representing 4 squadrons)

British would bring 4 cav (representing 4 squadrons)
[N]Tarheel

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3