NTW3 Historical mp mod

NTW3 Historical mp mod

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Hey gents, I want to propose to the Lordz to make a seperate mod using the base mod we have now. I would like to use the 6:1 scale but put the entire mod to the same scale. Movement, time and ratio all to 6:1. Casaulties would be alot less more emphasis would be on fatigue and morale. Units would lose cohesion just by moving depending on their quality. Units would not be able to run all over the map.

Units morale would depend on the situation they were in and could break by little contact or if supported could fight hard. I really like the mod we have I would just like to make or help make a version of it that is more accurate and does not lose accuracy for playability. I have played many simulation games and they are wonderful and I believe ntw3 simulation could be amazing with what is already there.

Main changes would be to:
morale
fatigue
accuracy
movement speed
ranges.

Also the ability to use the gen to exploit would be removed from the game.

Anyway I would like to bring this up to the Lordz and was wondering within my own clan if anybody would be interested in this kind of mod?

Bloody Bill, Major
[N]Bloody Bill

Re: NTW3 Historical mp mod

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:13 pm

I would be, and tbh I don't know any other person who has tried as many mods as you bill your quite the stalwart now I almost feel like I can retire! Alas I am no lord. :up:

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:45 am

A nice idea Bill.
But, I tried to increase the 'realism' side of the mod in V2, look at the flak I took for some of it. The player base don't want more realism, if it will slow the game down.
Gunner's post on the Lordz forum sums it up, I think.
Splitting us into smaller groups with more versions is not a good idea.
We already have one 'rebel group' producing a offshoot mod.

Perhaps it is best to keep this simulation for the Konitz mod. If it proves a success a Napoleonic version (with Lordz support) could follow.
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:08 am

Bill,
I've changed my mind.
Let us work on a 'realism mod' set at regiment/brigade unit level.
I've had enough of lightning speed cav.
With this version we shall set things as WE want, not having to deal with the rabid comments of Beta testers.
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 am

Sounds good Avon, ill be home in a few days so we can look at things.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Sloop » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:53 pm

I think the idea is a good one. Should it be a better mod or an occasional diversion, I believe it will be good for the community. I am happy to hear there will be no call for play testers, I find the constructive criticism and open discussion in TeamSpeak taxes my nerves.

Poor Avon, cavalry too fast for the old geezer and those wooly-bully people saying meanie-beanie things. I must say I do like your new independent attitude as before you would listen to others and allow them to influence you too easily, you were too accommodating to the opinions of everyone involved. Thus said, even with these distractions, you were the central creator of the NTW3 mod which so far is the greatest Napoleonic RTS in history, so perhaps your new attitude can improve this.

I am happy to hear this endeavor may move forward because realism and playability are an ongoing evolution. Do remember though, no matter how slow you make the mod, or what statistics you integrate within, should it please me I will master it in short order and demonstrate that on the field of battle “lightning speed cavalry” is the least of your worries.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Return to Napoleonic Total War 3