Feedback on new release and historical battle

Re: Feedback on new release and historical battle

Postby [N]LS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Jakob wrote:
The Lordz is an open door with new people coming up with new versions all the time.

Ah yes, nothing new good sir. This was how things were with the onset of NTW1 (something most of you kiddies missed out, with the exception of LS) Even in NTW1's twilight there were still like 3 different [public] versions of the game, a mod for the Leipzig campaign, the AWI and even a Civil War mod. No fear, this is how the lordz got started. We're just simply at the precipice of our "il risorgimento", if you will. :smug:

AFAIK, I've never seen the Leipzig campaign (1815 society??) and nobody played AWI.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby Conq » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Is there any way to get around the fact that at any time The CA likes, it can just release a patch rendering all this hard work null and void? How much work does it take to make a mod compatible with the newer patches after they come out? Maybe that issue needs to be resolved before the newest Lords in the House go mad with frustration.
Conq

Postby [N]LS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:02 pm

[N]Conq wrote:Is there any way to get around the fact that at any time The CA likes, it can just release a patch rendering all this hard work null and void? How much work does it take to make a mod compatible with the newer patches after they come out? Maybe that issue needs to be resolved before the newest Lords in the House go mad with frustration.

There is, but is would most likely break the EULA and the law.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby Conq » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:07 pm

LS, it goes without saying that we don't want to break the law...

I'm guessing that without breaking the law it's not possible?

So why even bother with this mod?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind more NTW2.
Conq

Previous

Return to Napoleonic Total War Vanilla and Mods