Feedback on new release and historical battle

Feedback on new release and historical battle

Postby [N]Tactacus » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Please can we have some feedback on Ns opinions here as im away and cant test im becoming increasingly depressed and impatient.I feel like a blind man with no hands being offered the chance to feel a pair of tits!!! :razz:

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Re: Feedback on new release and historical battle

Postby [N]LS » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:07 pm

If you hated mass melee, avoid Avon's mod. Russian and Hungarian line have 203 men each. Against the British, you could run straight into melee (or just walk into blank point range and shoot the Brits in the face)and hope that the Russians/Hungarians will win the melee through sheer numbers.(having lots of them will keep their morale high enough to break British lines. In a 1 on 1, the Russian line will lose.) Their shooting is pathetic.

12 pounder canister(4 cannons) have 2 and a half times the range of rifles. You can kill a quarter(of 56) of incoming rifles before they are in range of sniping your crew. Canister kills at maximum range. Unicorns shoot faster but likelihood of hitting anything is still pretty low. But since they have 6 cannons in each unit, close range barrages will blow up 1/5 of a line unit per hit(when it does hit).

The classic version (normal sizes) seems to be fairly similar to the last version. It does give you access to minor factions(avon's does aswell) but they tend to average. All minor faction's line infantry will shoot better than Russians though.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:27 pm

The correct pricing of units will make it to where Russians will not have 20 units without opolchenie. The Brits are much smaller but reload faster and shoot much better. Although the Russians have almost double the number of men, they probably will not afford as Many of them as the Brits.
Tweaking will have to be done, this is why we are testing. When all is done Avon's version will be much more interesting than anything outhere.
Rifles will be adjusted to make them a nuisance even with their small number.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Clinch » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:05 pm

First we started with BDC and JC giving us a plethora of mods to test. One week would have BDC throwing hot-fixes at us and the next week JC would do the same. Both of those projects got scrapped due to unbelievably long vacations. Then Desaix comes along and tries to finish up the mod. His version 6.4 with squares is still my favorite as I thought it played out the best. Now we are back to square 1 with Avon's and Sean's versions. I know everybody has put a lot of long hours into this but this is getting crazy. Everytime we come close to a game, everything completely changes. I'm getting tired of testing new versions all the time and I don't think I'm alone. The Lordz is an open door with new people coming up with new versions all the time. I know I am being pessimistic but WTF? Sorry, I am done venting.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 pm

NTW3 Modding Facts:

NTW is a relatively new game
NTW3 is a very new attempt at a mod
The Lordz was all but dead and near extinction
The rebuilding of the Lordz should take months if not years
To make a great mod takes months if not years
The original "gods of mods" the Lordz took a very long time to perfect NTW2
The mediocrity of previous mods is unacceptable
Vanilla sucks

We are doing exactly what is needed to further the project. We are fortunate that the Lordz are functional and operating at all. The most that a player has to do is test occasionally and give opinions and constructive criticism. If players such as myself, who has no technical capabilities, want to contribute then the best thing I can do is to boost the moral of the modders and support interest in the community for the mod. Anyone not interested does not and has not had to participate. There is plenty of rabble out there for you to rank a few stars, gulp a glass of vanilla glory, and get your hero fix, if your so inclined.

Marshal Sloop
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Fullin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:53 pm

AMEN.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Clinch man, Sean cappone did not do any new versions, he just repriced version 6.4 that desaix did based on 14k instead of 10k.
Avon's version is what is new, the other is desaix's repriced.
Feel free to vent but also please post your opinion of what needs improvement what you like and dislike.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:10 am

To all testing NTW3,

Please keep in mind that "testing" is the key word here. No reason to get frustrated if something is too unbalanced, just report and we will fix it. This approach to NTW3 has never been tried before so we wanted to give it a shot. If we can we will balance it with your feedback, if we cannot we will abandon this approach. So play it more from this point of view, nobody is going to think you suck if you lose at an unbalanced game. I would recommend that people with more experience play with the smaller factions.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby Jakob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:56 am

The Lordz is an open door with new people coming up with new versions all the time.

Ah yes, nothing new good sir. This was how things were with the onset of NTW1 (something most of you kiddies missed out, with the exception of LS) Even in NTW1's twilight there were still like 3 different [public] versions of the game, a mod for the Leipzig campaign, the AWI and even a Civil War mod. No fear, this is how the lordz got started. We're just simply at the precipice of our "il risorgimento", if you will. :smug:
Jakob

Postby [N]Fullin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 am

[N]LS wrote:If you hated mass melee, avoid Avon's mod. Russian and Hungarian line have 203 men each. Against the British, you could run straight into melee (or just walk into blank point range and shoot the Brits in the face)and hope that the Russians/Hungarians will win the melee through sheer numbers.

After testing this LS preconception the results as as follow:

Charging russian will break brit line.
but russian line cost 500.
so for the same money ( main rule for comparison) the russian will never break KGL line at 500.

So brits still more powerfull than ruskies, charging straight wont do it.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Next

Return to Napoleonic Total War Vanilla and Mods