NTW3 [N] Test Group

NTW3 [N] Test Group

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:39 am

[N] TEST GROUP

[N] is forming a Test Group to concentrate efforts toward the completion of the NTW3 Mod. This can be accomplished through a more organized and perceptive group of play testers. Their primary goal will be to provide immediate constructive criticism and rapid feedback to the Lordz. We will be using Teamspeak and communicating directly to Test Group liaisons for the modders as well as the Lordz themselves. Aside from regular "competitive" games, methods will include experimental situations, trial scenarios, and on-the-spot program modifications.

Because the mod is a continual work in progress we are looking for players who can make a moderate commitment of time and effort on a regular basis with a good attitude towards improving the mod.

Test Group members must have access to Teamspeak and the [N] forum.

The Test Group is open to anyone, [N] members as well as guests.

If interested please sign up with a message below.

Thank you,

Marshal Sloop
Attachments
N Test Group.jpg
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Re: NTW3 [N] Test Group

Postby [N]Fullin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 am

Iam in, needless to say.

More now than ever that the work is almost done.

Almost=3 month
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby Conq » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:19 am

I'd be very happy to join in. I'm enjoying the mod so far, I'd be more than happy to be a part of its development.

Regards,

Conq
Conq

Postby [N]Sinister » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:16 am

I'll gladly join whenever needed.

Sinister
[N]Sinister
Officer

Postby [N]Felix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:38 am

I'll get in if I can.
[N]Felix

Postby [N]Byron » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:09 am

I'm happy to continue testing.
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:25 am

please include me

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks to Pally, Byron, conq, fullin, sloop and Felix for their contribution in testing with me yesterday.
I was very interested watching the battle between Felix and Byron (France and England) vs Conq and fullin (Austria and Russia).
A mis-maneuvering by France and england in the beginning gave an edge to Austria and Russia that inflicted significant casualties on the French. The Austro-Russians celebrated a little too early, a disciplined withdrawal from the French combined with a bold attack from the British resulted in pinning the Russian center that broke under a French cavalry charge. The Austro Russian army was breaken in two and the Russian troops took enormous casualties from British fire power and French cav on the flank and rear.
The Austrians countered with the help of remaining Russian troops and re established order. For a second it looked like they had the upper hand, but resilient fighting from their opponents thinned them down.
A steam malfunction dropped everyone from the game close to the end.
It could have still gone either way but I would have favored an Anglo French victory as they still had cav supporting their infantry while the Austro Russian had a few more men but no cav support. They would have had to almost remain in squares which gives an edge to their opponents.

As a reminder: Russian inf 203 men. Austro Hungarian inf 183-203 men French inf 123 men England 113-123 men

I think we are very close to a final balance between major factions in Avon's version.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby Pally » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 pm

I felt we had the makings of a great fight last night until my CTD .... it was running very well and some of the recent changes did seem to be a big improvement. Just sorry I didnt get to see the end of the fight because I felt Sloop and I had a very good chance at winning that fight.

P.S. You may as well add me to that group as I have already played the mod with several of you :wink:
Pally

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Indeed Pally, that was a very close fight, you had every chance of winning until your CTD. It is still a work in progress, so if anything does not make sense, save the replay, report it and we will try to fix it.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Next

Return to Napoleonic Total War Vanilla and Mods