Histwar

Re: Histwar

Postby Somerset » Sun May 22, 2011 2:30 pm

thats good VC.
btw what i do is:
keep 2 maps' 1 show all real forces which is hidden to players and one a fow for public.
so each turn both teams send me their move with their forces so i double check with mine. anyway you or gunner can do that i hope. have fun ...
i am glad Gold.
Somerset

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sun May 22, 2011 6:16 pm

The only 2 issues for me while playing are the AI initiative and the ability for better control over unit behavior manually.

The first one was adressed by JMM at my request, now you can turn off AI intrusion for each unit but that detaches said unit from the corps and so will not take a corps order anymore.
I have asked him to where there would be a possibility to cancel all initiative for units in a certain corps just by clicking one button at corps level. Also when done to allow the unit to remain attached to the corps, to take corps mvt orders but have no initiative of its own once at final destination except for reflexes like going into square when threatened by cav etc... He said he will do it.
Also another feature that he had intented to have initially for which he had a ready inactivated setup was the possibility to give orders to brigades and divisions too as opposed to just units and corps now. He had changed his mind and wanted not to implement it but from our discussions he is going to implement it, i think it would be awesome to be able to give orders to pieces of the corps.

Finally the major change and the big game seller i will keep a secret until ready. It is a suggestion i made to him months ago that we might see implemented in the next few weeks that might be breathtaking.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby AnkLrd » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 am

new GUI and a scene from waterloo. :cool:

AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:05 am

i learn that fullin got histwar game! i invite everyone to homage and then raise their glass to that unbelievable event. Fullin and a game other than ntw2/3 together. :grin:
AnkLrd

Postby [N]Fullin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:34 am

After playing a while ...i think this game is moresuited for a campaign style of game and not so much for battles....I will start modding asap.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby AnkLrd » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:57 am

[N]Fullin wrote:....I will start modding asap.

thats mostly likely. :lol:
AnkLrd

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:17 pm

[N]Fullin wrote:After playing a while ...i think this game is moresuited for a campaign style of game and not so much for battles....I will start modding asap.

Fullin,

I could never muster the will to play it SP. The reason why is that i am not interested in playing the AI in any game as it is not a challenge.

BUT....

Try a pbem game and tell me if you will not get excited just devising a plan battle and pushing it through.

Thinking at an army level with a huge battlefield means that if you lack a lot of tactical skill you can make up for it if you have a lot of strategic flare.

Also i found my first TCP/iP game a little overwhelming at first but then got used to it.
I micromanaged a lot less than PBEM but i would assume that if we played it 3vs3 or 4vs4 in MP it would be something else, as you could micromanage more and so get the best of tactics and strategy.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby AnkLrd » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 pm

i ll be very surprised if ANY N like pbem format as you are fast gamers but i m sure you ll like tcp/ip, try 1v1 you ll find it fast enough when compared to ntw3 when played at 6/60 speed. :charge: so you can fight 8 hour/15km map in 50 minutes and then go and play ntw3 :grin:
AnkLrd

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:12 am

AnkLrd wrote:i ll be very surprised if ANY N like pbem format as you are fast gamers but i m sure you ll like tcp/ip, try 1v1 you ll find it fast enough when compared to ntw3 when played at 6/60 speed. :charge: so you can fight 8 hour/15km map in 50 minutes and then go and play ntw3 :grin:

I am a N, and I love pbem and I have 4 of them going.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby AnkLrd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 pm

André Sloop Masséna,
Barthélemy Fullin Joubert,
Joachim Tac Murat,
Pierre Conq Augereau,
Gabriel Avon Rey,
Jean Clinch Lannes,
Jean LS Sérurier,
- Napoleon waiting for you at HWGC after Battle of Rivoli, You may have a France to defend :smug: ... course if you are not a dead meat on Veronese fields thus far. :fist:

AnkLrd

PreviousNext

Return to Histwar Les Grognards