Histwar

Re: Histwar

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 am

Hell yea, I will. If im on let me know and if I have time I will set a game up. I really enjoy Histwar.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Thu May 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Going to be the Napoleonic game to play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fN7aWctKiI
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Fri May 17, 2013 1:43 am

I have seen things that i am not at the liberty to discuss right now, but mark my words, Histwar2 will be THE GAME to play for a Napoleonic community. The graphics and the gameplay will be unmatched by any strategy game i have seen so far.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 am

I watched the video.
I'm not that impressed.
It still seems a game to be played from the 'strategic view'.
Those overall maps with the 'figurines' look very nice.
But the battle side in 3D still looks like a non-battle.
It looks like V1, where they just fire of a few random volleys (some from troops standing behind their own line) then suddenly one side breaks & runs.
The towns are still have a cross of clear ground where the troops sit. The rest is just decoration.

I hope I'm wrong.
But is they had more to show (than a few very average looking sprites marching around, then lines firing a few pathetic sounding volleys) why didn't they reveal it?
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Postby [N]Fullin » Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 am

the sound is bad , the smoke is bad, the terrain is average its like playing NTW3 in Sloops computer....
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Fri May 17, 2013 8:25 pm

[N]Fullin wrote:the sound is bad , the smoke is bad, the terrain is average its like playing NTW3 in Sloops computer....

Histwar 2 will have graphics better than Napoleon total war, much better. The whole interface, the animations , the models, the constructions, the terrain, and the sounds are being redone from scratch, none of those are in this video yet.
I have been talking with JMM, i saw some pics from the new stuff that is not implemented yet and i am telling you, it will be way better than any Napoleonic game you have ever played.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Clinch » Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm

I'll believe it when I see it (on YouTube). Can't believe how enthralled you are to play a game equivalent to Ntw2 that is probably still a while away from completion.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Fri May 17, 2013 11:52 pm

[N]Clinch wrote:I'll believe it when I see it (on YouTube). Can't believe how enthralled you are to play a game equivalent to Ntw2 that is probably still a while away from completion.

What are you talking about ? NTW2. I am telling you much better than Napoleon total war in graphics that is made by CA. Very nice 3D models and constructions, nicer than what is in Napoleon total war.
We are talking a 1:1 scale, a few hundred thousand men on the field. Line of communications that mean something and affect moral. A huge map with importance on the plan and maneuvering. You will not be running and kiting all game long like in NTW3.
Villages, towns, redoubts, castles, farms etc... That can be occupied and really affect the battle...

We are talking the ultimate napoleonic simulation....

You will see excerpts on YouTube in time. Do you think I will be this excited about nothing?
Do you think I would put so much energy and time helping them for nothing?
You will see how pretty the new editors will be and how user friendly they will be.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Clinch » Fri May 17, 2013 11:58 pm

You are always excited about new things. You are usually the first to play and the first to retire the game. You yell at us constantly to hurry up and you never smell the roses. You urged us all to get histwar and then talked about making your own game. You my emperor, are the progressive napoleonic gamer. Anyways, I'm just busting balls. I hope you're right about this.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Fullin » Sat May 18, 2013 12:32 am

[N]Fullin
Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Histwar Les Grognards