Histwar

Re: Histwar

Postby [N]Chromey » Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 am

godspeed VC
[N]Chromey
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 pm

[N]Von Clausewitz wrote:You will not be running and kiting all game long like in NTW3.
VC

That's where all the fun is!
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Tactacus » Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 am

Thats very true it will be much more fun watching a 2d map whilst i jerk off. :grin:

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm

i liked hw1 especially the pbem battles and even liked sitting front of 2d map for hours :grin: but problem was individual orders, ones who use it get an advantage compared to the ones who only use corp orders (so must decide about that before the battles) not sure if it will be fixed with hw2 ..? also not aware but there was also some problems with artillery and oob balance etc i guess so nbc was playing histwar with some rules and recomendations.

HistWar NBC rules and recomendations (r/r's) 15/9/12
1. Army Construction - 1800s style
This a vital part of preparing and fighting battles. For all MP and PBEM games please construct your Army within the following two guidelines -

1a. Artillery
The total number of cannons should be no more than equal to the ceh strength of the OOB, of these cannons a maximum of 25% should be 12pdrs. For example, a 200ceh OOB should have no more than 200 cannons and one quarter of that number may be 12pdrs.

1b. Cavalry
Cavalry Regts must be a MAXIMUM of 880 men strong, this is still stronger than most Cav Regts would be in the early 1800s but as we have a limit of 99 units each of these Cavalry Regts could be thought of as two Regts brigaded together.

2. Individual orders
These are allowed for the following three reasons :
a. Garrisoning built up area's : hamlets, farms, villages, castles and towns.
b. Scouting, this means genuine scouting, and nothing else.
c. Directing Artillery fire.

Except for the above, NO individual orders should be issued
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Lancier wrote:i liked hw1 especially the pbem battles and even liked sitting front of 2d map for hours :grin: but problem was individual orders, ones who use it get an advantage compared to the ones who only use corp orders (so must decide about that before the battles) not sure if it will be fixed with hw2 ..? also not aware but there was also some problems with artillery and oob balance etc i guess so nbc was playing histwar with some rules and recomendations.

HistWar NBC rules and recomendations (r/r's) 15/9/12
1. Army Construction - 1800s style
This a vital part of preparing and fighting battles. For all MP and PBEM games please construct your Army within the following two guidelines -

1a. Artillery
The total number of cannons should be no more than equal to the ceh strength of the OOB, of these cannons a maximum of 25% should be 12pdrs. For example, a 200ceh OOB should have no more than 200 cannons and one quarter of that number may be 12pdrs.

1b. Cavalry
Cavalry Regts must be a MAXIMUM of 880 men strong, this is still stronger than most Cav Regts would be in the early 1800s but as we have a limit of 99 units each of these Cavalry Regts could be thought of as two Regts brigaded together.

2. Individual orders
These are allowed for the following three reasons :
a. Garrisoning built up area's : hamlets, farms, villages, castles and towns.
b. Scouting, this means genuine scouting, and nothing else.
c. Directing Artillery fire.

Except for the above, NO individual orders should be issued

Hi Lancier,

Since i am working with JMM on Histwar2, i really want to gather your guys' input on what needs to be changed in the balance of the game.
You guys have been playing it a lot and should have some good feedback.
I will relay that to JMM and hopefully fix it for Histwar2.
I am also redoing the OOB editor for Histwar2. Making new oobs will be a breeze with the new editor, much more intuitive and user friendly.

I can implement in the OOB editor stricter control on number and quality of canons and size of cavalry squadrons etc...
I will be starting on the new OOB editor within the next few weeks, but i can easily readjust the balance at anytime, just gather the info with the rational behind it and i will see what i can do.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue May 21, 2013 3:04 pm

[N]Tactacus wrote:Thats very true it will be much more fun watching a 2d map whilst i jerk off. :grin:

You will want to buy Histwar2 so badly Tac when you see it, and i am going to make sure that Sloop, fullin and you pay double for it.

Lol

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 pm

I now uninstalled hw1 and waiting hw2 but, tho I am not involved, NBC histwar group getting larger each day also their ready to start a giant campaign soon when the current austria campaign finishes I think. I will tell them this good news so I am sure gunner, friant and dougie will be happy to support your work with their ideas ...
VC wrote:I am also redoing the OOB editor for Histwar2. Making new oobs will be a breeze with the new editor, much more intuitive and user friendly.

God that’s great ! cause you wont believe one of the reasons I quit hw1 is the oob editor, I am not passionate enough like others to stomach the current one. :grin:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Tactacus » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

More importantly why is TS Dead ?i miss my american cousins gay accents.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Fullin » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks Tac
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue May 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Not sure. I was on friday, and saturday no one was there.
Sunday, there was a gathering, the game was starting late for me though and i was busy with something.

I am closing on my house May 31st. By mid-June i hope to be settled and ready for more involvement.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

PreviousNext

Return to Histwar Les Grognards