Histwar

Re: Histwar

Postby [N]Clinch » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 pm

Its gonna be nice to have a small myriad of games to play in the age of musketry. We will always have Ntw3, Histwar 2, and possibly Ultimate General. Things are looking good here!
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 am

thanks vg Bill ! i play hw pbem and like much but i feel like there is always something wrong with 3d graphics, still ..? that bother me hmm like units are cubic ? i dont know how to express but i dont feel good as it was in ntw3 like units have edges here or like they are pressed ? not sure :roll: maybe and hopefully! hw2 will be different ...
[N]Bloody Bill wrote:Hey gents, I cannot get my steam pics to post one at a time so it shows my library. At any rate here are a few pics of the latest HistWar patch. Improves atmosphere and units are touched up. These are not the units for HW2 just cleaned up ones. The game is feeling and playing much better with each new update and is a game we should really keep and eye on.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:58 pm

i take my words back :eek: :greetings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Oyw_Z2 ... e=youtu.be

Lancier wrote:thanks vg Bill ! i play hw pbem and like much but i feel like there is always something wrong with 3d graphics, still ..? that bother me hmm like units are cubic ? i dont know how to express but i dont feel good as it was in ntw3 like units have edges here or like they are pressed ? not sure :roll: maybe and hopefully! hw2 will be different ...
[N]Bloody Bill wrote:Hey gents, I cannot get my steam pics to post one at a time so it shows my library. At any rate here are a few pics of the latest HistWar patch. Improves atmosphere and units are touched up. These are not the units for HW2 just cleaned up ones. The game is feeling and playing much better with each new update and is a game we should really keep and eye on.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue May 24, 2016 10:41 am

Histwar: Napoleon news: 22 May 2016

JMM wrote:The priority is to delete the bugs for pathfinding before implementing the new 3D models. I have also to improve the Great Tactic AI.

I hope I can quickly implement the new GUI.

The new Division/Brigade AI will implemented after the new 3D Models.

After that, my activity will be on the improvement of the internal engine, not before releasing the New 3D Models.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:15 pm

Histwar: Napoleon news: 02 August 2016

JMM wrote:I began the test for the new algorithm (collision) and I am very happy to see its behaviour.
The problem was to find a good position if there was a collision with an unit or an object of the map.
The first tests are very good after deleting some bad codes (always normal to make some errors).
Yet some problems with the river but nothing very important.

On vacation for some days... resume the march on the 15th of August... I hope a new version for beta test team on the beginning of September...
and a new version for HistWar at the end of September...

[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:59 pm

on HW forum ...
Hello,

VC is always in the HW team but now he can't work a lot on the project.
He is adding the comments on the sources of the program that he has developped in order I can quickly implement the new GUI in the game.
That said, the architecture of program was modified to share the different parts (GUI, 3D terrain/model) and I think it will be easy to use the VC's code.
I worked alone on the code during 18 years so it's not a big problem for me... and I am entering in a new sequence in my professional life so I can work a lot again... and not only at partial time :-)

Otherwise, VC will help me to implement the game into Steam; he worked a lot on this tool and already almost all functions run fine.

Laurent works on the uniforms... Romain is ready to help me for designing the last 3D models and the animations.

Patience my friends...

JMM
[N]Lancier
Officer

Previous

Return to Histwar Les Grognards