Histwar Gaming Club (HWGC)

Re: Histwar Gaming Club (HWGC)

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 am

Hey guys, I got my game in the mail today. Not sure which downloads to get. I got the 3b patch and peninsula and waterloo. Are there any more mods or downloads?
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby AnkLrd » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 am

Bloody try to have HWGC xfire, it makes hosting tcp/ip s easier.
http://www.xfire.com/communities/hwgc/

i see i have common playing hours with you too, prepare for war for monday mornings (your sunday nights i guess :up: ) i dont call vc he sleeps early :wtf: :grin:
AnkLrd

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Battle 9 - tcp ip.
lancier(Fr)-gunner24(Russ)
Sunday 1900GMT. 1 more french officer welcome if they want to participate. :wink:
http://www.histwargamingclub.com/post199.html#p199
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby AnkLrd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:37 am

very good, i ll try to join Gunner for battle 9 if i find time on sunday. gl.

AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 am

AnkLrd

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Lancier sunday sounds good to me.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby AnkLrd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:39 pm

VC its decided that way "for now" i know its below your expectations, we ll see how it works in half season/ june again.
AnkLrd

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 am

AnkLrd wrote:VC its decided that way "for now" i know its below your expectations, we ll see how it works in half season/ june again.

Yes, way below expectations to say the least.

What does forum participation mean? No one posts anything almost outside of trying to find an opponent.

What is going to give a flavor to the club?

What is the point of having an army commander and a chief of staff? I do not know what their role is.

do not understand me wrong, I think the club is an excellent idea, I am loving the pbem games and hope to start lan games too. But to make things interesting and insure a long life for the club some things would need more thought put into them starting with the forum color scheme.

I say all that to be constructive, no ill intentions, I will still participate regardless.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby AnkLrd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:52 am

Forum participation is mostly related to armies own forums. Maybe sharing some order of battles, doctrines or maybe giving some playing tactics for specific maps, or answsering some questions about game mechanics etc.

We have histwar forum for history,game developments and chit chat so … ;) and think even how rare ppl post there and then expect people post here. ;) but this is not impossible I know who knows after 1 year that may happen with everyones efforts. This is not TW game so community is much more smaller as you know, mp community smaller than that course!. Also Think we have lordz forum and ntw3 and then suddenly someone start a club then invite two groups there and say you are enemies, LGA and CA, you cant expect much dialog at first ha and also be sure its easier when it’s a clan but harder in club I guess. NWC spent years for that or hawks…

CiC are active and experienced “multiplayer” gamers (though france CiC is busy till January with tourney as you know) also these people lead a clan of histwar mp players, each brought at least 7-8 players to the club. CoS is the player CiC trust but I expect them communicate all army players from time to time and organise tcp/ip s when cic is not around or tell some or his men to take some pbem challenges when there are open. CiCis club cabinet member, 1 of who make decisions for the club, CoS are army forum moderators.

But to make things interesting and insure a long life for the club some things would need more thought put into them starting with the forum color scheme.

I agree but after first results it ll get more interesting I expect. also medals on way except the promotions each 6 months.
I say all that to be constructive, no ill intentions, I will still participate regardless.

Thnks, I know. :greetings:
AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:44 pm

pbem game starting today, gl VC. :fist:
Attachments
Untitled23.png
AnkLrd

PreviousNext

Return to Histwar Les Grognards