Histwar Gaming Club (HWGC)

Re: Histwar Gaming Club (HWGC)

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:06 pm

[N]Bloody Bill wrote:Lancier, I will be getting the game soon and will hope to join my fellow N officers. I have never played before but am looking forward to it. :charge:

:greetings:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby AnkLrd » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:03 am

vc & bill your timezone players in the club so far: count me in as well i can go for 9pm pst as you know :charge:

Code: Select all
Coalition arms: AJLB, Uhlanen, zu pferd, Ges, Abarlow
la grande armee: Bldy Bill, von Clausewitz, Philabos
AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:20 am

hello. Please help us to fill table of `Histwar tcp/ip game best playing times of the week` for each army.
Empty chart must be in your inbox or you can simply say in words so we can fill it.

http://www.histwargamingclub.com/histwa ... e-t51.html
AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:20 am

Image Hello everyone. 1st war (season) between French Armee and Allied Coalition Arms will continue till December 2012. All points gained from both pbem and tcp/ip battles for each side will be counted, winner will be announced then a new season will start on December 2012. Good luck and have fun all/
AnkLrd

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm

AnkLrd wrote:Image Hello everyone. 1st war (season) between French Armee and Allied Coalition Arms will continue till December 2012. All points gained from both pbem and tcp/ip battles for each side will be counted, winner will be announced then a new season will start on December 2012. Good luck and have fun all/

Hey Anklrd,

I do not think it is a good idea to keep restarting over, there should be some continuity so people value their games.
Individual scores should carry on and count towards something.
You can have yearly wars between the french and coalition, declare a winner each year and start a new war/campaign.
Individual scores should go on. Look at all other clubs, their individual points carry over all the time and count towards their ranks within the club.
I am not sure how you decided what rank each person should have in the club, i am sure it was an arbitrary way but if i may be so bold, look at the structures of other clubs and imitate it.

Their should be clear rules of how everything is done and managed in the club from settling disputes to promotions etc....

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby AnkLrd » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Vc, players will keep their points “forever” just nation points ll start each year.
About ranks, its cabinet decision, we thought about the system you told already, NWC uses it and i am a member of it already besides we tried that with caw so i am familiar but this is not a popular (active) game like trom/ntw3 or even HPS so till we have a solid(active) community we looked at “MP activity in histwar community” ( especially tcp/ip) for ranks, it may change later and promotions always available but all we need now is mp activity; you know "gathering!?" for a tcp/ip is the main problem with this game so far as we dont have a platform like steam.
AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Image 1 tcp/ip coalition player (us-can time) needed.
http://www.histwargamingclub.com/battle ... n-t33.html

Image 1 french pbem player needed.
http://www.histwargamingclub.com/battle ... n-t53.html

AnkLrd

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:43 pm

AnkLrd wrote:Vc, players will keep their points “forever” just nation points ll start each year.
About ranks, its cabinet decision, we thought about the system you told already, NWC uses it and i am a member of it already besides we tried that with caw so i am familiar but this is not a popular (active) game like trom/ntw3 or even HPS so till we have a solid(active) community we looked at “MP activity in histwar community” ( especially tcp/ip) for ranks, it may change later and promotions always available but all we need now is mp activity; you know "gathering!?" for a tcp/ip is the main problem with this game so far as we dont have a platform like steam.

MP activity in the histwar community is something that is hard to judge and most troublesome, it is something very SUBJECTIVE.

One should decide first if they want to have ranks or not. If the answer is yes then there should be an objective way of quantifying that.

MP activity should translate into games. Games finished would translate into points.

Points should be awarded for each game completed.

If i was running this club ( and thank goodness i am not because i enjoy just riding the wave every now and then), my system would be as such.

10 points awarded for every game played (finished) regardless of outcome. The victor would get 10 pts + a modifier depending on the extent of the victory. So 10 points + the points you already posted.

Based on those points promotions are awarded. You can put point requirements for each rank. The points should be such as it would take 2-3 years before becoming a general of any sort.

Except for a leader picked for each army initially for administrative reasons, all would start with an equal rank and then be promoted basd on their activity reflected by their points.

But this is just my opinion. I am loving my pbem game, i can play you too in pbem if you want.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby AnkLrd » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

quite fair, i ll carry this to cabinet "once more",thnks.
AnkLrd

Postby AnkLrd » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:43 pm

[N]Von Clausewitz wrote:
But this is just my opinion. I am loving my pbem game, i can play you too in pbem if you want.

VC

napoleonics continue to surprise us, your involvement is admirable !
i posted on the hwgc forum for the battle. Image
AnkLrd

PreviousNext

Return to Histwar Les Grognards