Another 4 Years of American Decline?

For introductions and general discussions

Re: Another 4 Years of American Decline?

Postby [N]Chromey » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

"The Patriot Act closed dangerous gaps in America's law enforcement and intelligence capabilities, gaps that terrorists exploited when they attacked us."
President George W. Bush

"We all agreed that we needed legislation to make it harder for suspected terrorists to go undetected in this country. Americans everywhere wanted that.

But soon after the PATRIOT Act passed, a few years before I ever arrived in the Senate, I began hearing concerns from people of every background and political leaning that this law didn't just provide law enforcement the powers it needed to keep us safe, but powers it didn't need to invade our privacy without cause or suspicion.

Now, at times this issue has tended to degenerate into an 'either-or' type of debate. Either we protect our people from terror or we protect our most cherished principles. But that is a false choice. It asks too little of us and assumes too little about America."
Senator Barack Obama (then passes National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 allowing any American citizen suspected of harm against the state to be detained indefinitely)

Bad things happen to good people - Jesus
[N]Chromey
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Ignorant sheep are led to slaughter, deceived from birth there is little they can do to break the chain of ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby Conq » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 pm

The fact that the irony of posting that was lost on you is suggestive of the unfortunate extent of your own cognitive bias.
Conq

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:17 pm

A clever attempt Conq, but then again even if we had an audience we would probably be the only ones who "got it."

Perhaps you are correct and your highly educated, pro-“onepercenter” opinions are more founded than that of a mere proletariat. You may wish however to work on your delivery; include some references, at least something more convincing than my feeble attempts. From my lowly perspective you resemble the typical uppity liberal, buying into the left right paradigm, lashing out at the messenger yet delivering no message. I commend you on your tactics, take a look at my country and it’s so called president and we can see how effective they are.

Besides, my previous post is in reference to the previous pages, of which we all know you have not read and that makes you a troll; a libtard sheeple troll.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:01 am

[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]BdColonel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:55 am

Hi all! :drunk:

p.s. You may bask in my youtube-embedding prowess.
[N]BdColonel
General

Postby Hannibalic » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Remember remember the 5th of November, not for some stupid movie or some jesuit terrorist, or some dumbass kids rebelling by wearing a stupid mask, remember this day for this man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLHVQUTrgvM

R.I.P. Bill
Hannibalic

Postby Hannibalic » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 pm

This video is pretty interesting. The logic of the cop is mind-boggling. The cop (who's all for the 2nd amendment) is chastising this guy for exercising his 2nd amendment right because he (the cop) believes exercising your second amendment right is bad for your second amendment right and is going to eventually result in the loss of our second amendment right, and the cop doesn't want to lose his second amendment right.

The sad thing is most people nowadays would miss the point and probably side with the cop on this. That logic and the logic of the cop in this video is a great example of the hegelian dialectic in action and the social engineering that's been taking place lately with this issue. It's also a great example of the ridiculously messed up mindset programmed into the American people in this post 9/11 world, where sending the military to invade two sovereign nations, screwing up the lives of millions of innocent people in the process because of what a handful of nut jobs supposedly did makes sense.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b59_1384076493
Hannibalic

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:21 pm

...it's all going perfectly according to plan.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby Hannibalic » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 am

Chromey wrote:Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

"The Patriot Act closed dangerous gaps in America's law enforcement and intelligence capabilities, gaps that terrorists exploited when they attacked us."
President George W. Bush

"We all agreed that we needed legislation to make it harder for suspected terrorists to go undetected in this country. Americans everywhere wanted that.

But soon after the PATRIOT Act passed, a few years before I ever arrived in the Senate, I began hearing concerns from people of every background and political leaning that this law didn't just provide law enforcement the powers it needed to keep us safe, but powers it didn't need to invade our privacy without cause or suspicion.

Now, at times this issue has tended to degenerate into an 'either-or' type of debate. Either we protect our people from terror or we protect our most cherished principles. But that is a false choice. It asks too little of us and assumes too little about America."
Senator Barack Obama (then passes National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 allowing any American citizen suspected of harm against the state to be detained indefinitely)

Bad things happen to good people - Jesus

Amen Chromey

Behold I send you as sheep among the wolves; be ye wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
Hannibalic

PreviousNext

Return to The Tavern