Marshal Tactacus MIA

For introductions and general discussions

Marshal Tactacus MIA

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Citizens,

Word has gone out to all posts requesting the whereabouts of the flamboyant and eccentric Marshal Tactacus. He was last seen leaving a Paris brothel with three females, one transvestite, and a dog.

Anyone with information concerning the missing dog, or the Marshal, please inform the High Command immediately.

Regards.

Marshal Sloop
Chief of Staff
[N]
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Re: Marshal Tactacus MIA

Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I heard he has the hiv infection from some back door action with Kester. Anyways, where u been all weekend Sloop?
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Fullin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 am

I shall retire as well to my country house in Provence until further notice.
Its not that I not enjoy your company gentlemen, but the main purpose of our gatherings is lost and gone.

Everyday for 6 years I eagerly waited for 12 o clock midnight to get together and play strategy war games, but now, that time has come and gone. Zombies hoarders and first person ,Japanese Banzai flamethrower shooters have replaced the topic of choice.

All entertainers no brainers.

Sorry Iam bored, I like you all but I enjoy strategy.
I rather play RISK with Margarita than collect powerbars and torchlights in zombiland with you.

Send invites on steam when Rome is out.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:14 am

Gentlemen i discovered a strategy-diplomacy war game.
There are 6 type of games: Napoleonic, Medieval, Ancient, Shogunate, Galactic, Dragon times.
Thats a PbeM Turn-Based WEGO game. Turns run once a week. If you like strategy & diplomacy check this.
http://www.lords-of-conquest.com/
Untitled.jpg
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

... and some of the miniatures used in napoleonic empire game... lovely! :greetings:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Im more semi retired atm, although my heart beats the same sentiment fullin your line of "I play for strategy" and "message me when rome is out" is a bit of a paradox as there obviously wont be any other than hammer and anvil that is.

The reason myself and sloop play fish food games atm is simply because i cannot afford a new rig therefore cannot play anything other than zombies,otherwise i would say im still the most active N member who plays ntw3 always have been..the days of aspirant fullin were and still are the epitimy of friendship and fun but not only have the games changed so have the people...
Until we meet again some sunny day :smile: .......

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Guys,

I think you should start looking into Histwar more.
It will run on Tac's pc and there is a lot of strategy involved.
I have JMM working on fixing the 3D engine bugs. When this is done, this game will be the best napoleonic game ever.
Have you seen the new 3D models with ingame footage from the Histwar site? These will be the models in Histwar2. The more people play, the more we can detect the bugs, the sooner we fix them. There cannot be more than just a few.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm

I don't play anymore this is true. Mainly because the baby, I just have little time. When I play a shooter I can hide and take care of him or just leave the game and it doesn't really hurt the other players. I cannot do that in NTW3, I cannot commit to a long game and be for sure I wont have to leave.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Clinch » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:59 pm

:grouchy: If I knew I didn't have to dick around for at least an hour to get a game started only to have it desynch, I would play much more. I also have no desire to play 3.1 at all. The newer patch is good but I don't know if its ever gonna be published. I've become very disappointed in the whole community. A bunch of babies ruined everything the mod was ever meant to be. From sore losers who pull the connection when losing a tournament game to clans making their own version. It would be nice if we can schedule a game every week though. A Saturday night game perhaps. Look at it this way, if not for these stupid filler games we are playing now there would probably be nobody in ts.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:43 am

This period is nothing to worry about. This the 3rd such period I pass through within N.
This happens when we get bored with a game and waiting for the new one to come. Things will get re energized soon.
In the meantime why not try other strategy games instead of first person shooters.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Next

Return to The Tavern