How very strange...

For introductions and general discussions

How very strange...

Postby Horton III » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:05 pm

My wife and I were awoken one night in the rural American cabin I retreated to after deserting the British Army some years ago by a rather loose looking, dark skinned courtesan dressed entirely inappropriately to arrive at a married man's home. Alas, none of it made sense until she delivered a letter marked only "Linkedin," which I opened to find it bearing the signature of "Sloop," after which all made sense. The letter noted I should stop in and say hello to those of you who may remember me.

I tried to stop by the lordz site to see about the mod, but the site was down. I get invited by y'all to play occasionally but alas, I don't war much anymore. I play the occasional SP campaign, a few turns every six months or so, but since KO fell apart I haven't really played online for about 4 years.

For those of you who don't know me, well, I was in the N cadet class with VC, Sloop used to use my armies as a training exercise for his horde, and I was generally in competition with Sloop and Fullin over who was the better commander sloshed. I generally came in 3rd place....

meilleures salutations. Vive la bière! Vive la liberté! :drunk:
Colonel Horton
Horton III

Re: How very strange...

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 am

My good man H! Good to see your ugly face again. We were great allies and even greater enemies. Although the battles are less frequent, the army much smaller, and this Marshal so much older, we still parlay a few drinks with some swordplay now and then. Perhaps get the latest mod and join us or make yourself welcome here at the forum, albeit a bit dead as of late. TS is vs9.tserverhq.com:9069 pw:1815. Still a few of the old boys hanging around.

It would have been good to have a "Son of Liberty" here when this thread was started...
http://www.napoleonics.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1161&start=30

Aim small.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Re: How very strange...

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi horton,

nice to hear a "hoo" or a "hi" from you every now and then.
Alas we are all waring less these days but we hope to take the battle field again soon.
You will hear the drums of war when we do...

Hope all is well with your family, and stay in touch.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Return to The Tavern