Accepted for Art school!

For introductions and general discussions

Accepted for Art school!

Postby [N]Harout » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Yoho Comrades,

I have been accepted to art school: Game Design and Development.

The application process was nerve wrecking as all applicants had to leave their work in a classroom and wait for several hours until the critics were finished reviewing our work. I took a nap on a couch in the lounge, as I hadn't gotten any sleep the previous night. We had just returned from our holiday in the middle of the night and I had to get my things ready (write a letter, design a game and export photo shop files onto my tablet). Things I should have done prior to holidaying in France. :S

Then they sat everybody down and started naming names who were to follow the principal. I was not named and started to move uneasily in my seat. Then one of the critics said that all who had remained had passed to the next round. As he uttered those words, you could hear the firing squad discharge onto the other applicants in the hallway.

We walked through the blood soaked hallway, stepping over the corpses of over a dozen applicants. Next up were the interviews, during which a graduate student and two teachers evaluated my personality and motivation. More than a week passed until I received their verdict. I had been accepted but not for the course I had applied for! Instead of Game Art they had accepted be for Game Design. They had been really impressed with my game concepts as well as my "Artistic Capacity".

I was unsure about accepting this other course and started calling friends and other applicants. To my great sadness two applicants from the little clique of four we had formed (during the waiting hours) didn't get in at all. A shock surely when you see their work: http://asianhulk7.deviantart.com/art/DJ ... -443145416
So freaking good. In the evaluation letter I received only a passing grade for technique.

Somehow my game concepts carried my application. Ill upload my portfolio asap, I wonder what you'll think of it :D. I'll give this course one year, then evaluate if there is a realistic future for me in the industry.
[N]Harout

Re: Accepted for Art school!

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:04 am

Congratulations for now mate.
Game design is a very interesting job, i read a book about it :drunk:

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Return to The Tavern