A Few Questions

For introductions and general discussions

A Few Questions

Postby [N]Clinch » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 am

1)Why does the mod seem to lag so much? Is it because of larger unit sizes (especially cav)? Any ideas.

2)Why do I see no battle reports from people? Some of our members never seem to write them. Maybe they think it will not hold a candle to the reports of Pints.

3)Can we get some editing here? Maybe get rid of the stupid section for "Civillian disputes settled here" and drop our dead threads there?

4)Where is Ciprian?

5)Why can't I sleep?
[N]Clinch
Officer

Re: A Few Questions

Postby [N]LS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 am

1)Why does the mod seem to lag so much? Is it because of larger unit sizes (especially cav)? Any ideas.

Are you playing with people who's computers are powered by Pentium 4s or are ran by hamster wheels?
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby [N]Fullin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I think Clinch has a point here...

Where is Ciprian...

Seriously now, the game seems to lag more with NTW3, or is it that we usually play 3v3 and larger.

Battle reports
Some information that may help you on the N career ladder. Regarding my personal experience.

HC doesnt promote iliterate people to officers , hence the report to prove yourselves.
HC doesnt promote officers to colonels if they cant command or havent prove that they can.
HC doesnt promote officers to LT Colonels if they havent prove that they can obey.
Hc doesnt promote officers to generals if they havent prove that they are as capable on the field as they are in the head quarters.
HC doesnt promote officers to Generals if they havent been to St Cyr at least once to teach us something.
HC doesnt promote generals to Marshals if they havent prove that they can lead almost always to victory.
HC doesnt promote anybody to Marshal if he havent prove himself at least once to be a Mighty Megalomaniac.
HC doesnt promote anybody to Ambassador unless you have proven to be an idiot. (worst job in town)
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Byron » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:36 am

Regarding your second point, Clinch, its is hard to write battle reports when one considers they will be compared to Pints' masterpieces. :fist: I think I would need to take a week off just to write one and prepare the illustrations, and even then it would lack his flair.

I suppose we should just write up short battle reports, even if they fall short of Pints' elevated standard.
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.
[N]Byron
Officer

Postby Jakob » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 am

Ya being the ambassador sucks, all the shit you have to catch...
Jakob

Postby [N]Sinister » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 am

I remember when I had an idea that time......I thought vanilla lagged also, then again if one could finish a game in vanilla we would know. I suggest we put Matlock on the problem or Byron and/or Conq.

2)Why do I see no battle reports from people? Some of our members never seem to write them. Maybe they think it will not hold a candle to the reports of Pints.

HUH? Pints writes good battle reports? I knowed I shoulda took up all three r's,we'uns just gots tha riteing and rithmatix.

3)Can we get some editing here? Maybe get rid of the stupid section for "Civillian disputes settled here" and drop our dead threads there?

I should like to dispute this question for we all know some of the best parts are usually cut out and left to languish on the editing room floor. On the other hand I think you make a good point.

4)Where is Ciprian?

I don't know where Ciprian is but I found Waldo.He's in the editing room.

5)Why can't I sleep?

Well, try getting married. I found that after 25 years of the wife's constant talking seems to knock me right out.

Sinister
[N]Sinister
Officer

Postby [N]LS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 am

4)Where is Ciprian?

5)Why can't I sleep?

1) Buy everyone octa core cpus and 4 way crossfire/sli and all your frame rate problems will go away but you're going to need a small nuclear powerstation and a dozen climate control units in order to power and cool those things. Hosting a LAN party also helps to reduce the latency issues. (Argentina, USA, GB, New Zealand connecting to a single game via the internet...)

Cav has only increased to ~60 men so it's a increase of ~15 horses. The average player takes 4 cav so that's another 60 horses. In a 4v4 thats 640 extra horses which is pretty much nothing. However, considering that light infantry is not used very often in the mod, in a 4v4, you can potentially see up to 2000 men more than in vanilla due to unit differences. With 2k men, you're effectively seeing another army of the field which might be pushing people's computers to their limit.

2) People who don't write them won't get considered for promotion. Or it's just a lack of glorious battles to write about. e.g. Playing against a team of Marshals and Generals that will cause your men to run away before the battle started :drunk:. Maybe it's one of the reasons why people switch to the team with the most Marshals...

Playing vanilla games with random people doesn't help either...

3) Ask VC. (Who has moderator rights??)

4) At home playing NTW. (Yes he's back)

5) Don't sleep at all.
[N]LS
Marshal

Return to The Tavern