La Division Infernale

For introductions and general discussions

Re: La Division Infernale

Postby Pariente » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:42 pm

I agree, Jean-Paul Rappeneau made a wonderful movie. But I had the chance to attend a performance at the Comédie française and there was an twenty minutes standing ovation at the end of the play.

I guess you come from Beirut, aren't you ?
Général Thomas Pariente,
Ambassadeur plénipotentiaire de la Division Infernale,
Officier de la 1ère Brigade de Cavalerie Légère du général Bruguière.
Pariente

Postby [N]Legless Lannes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Pariente wrote:Otherwise I saw you have terrific smilies I could not find on the internet. So would you mind if I used them for our forum ?

You won't find these napoleonic smiles anywhere else because I made them myself, feel free to use them. :greetings:

Sloop's just jealous because this smiley is way more smug than he can could ever hope to express in words. :smug:

p.s though they mess up the aesthetics of the message window if you write more than two lines. :fist:
[N]Legless Lannes
Marshal

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Albeit the designer of these graphic art pieces is of immense talent and imagination I believe LL’s work more appropriate for Hallmark cards or cartoon toy advertisements.

Emoticons are used by those who wish to make a statement yet fail to find the words to describe their thoughts. Users of these annoyances are much like the rogue who must resort to profanity because the words are lost in his unimaginative mind, or someone too lazy to think beyond a simple left mouse click and a cute little cartoon. In addition to emoticons we should make smiley faces in our O’s or little hearts to dot our i’s as all silly schools girls and Officers of [N] should do.

Which emotion of an [N] Officer am I to concern myself with? Should I care if they are angry, worshiping, drunk or please forgive me, “poundit?” Besides if there were any legitimate emotions to be displayed there would be a “love” emoticon that I could use to personally express my feelings of affection for each and every [N] Officer.

Had the Emperor not decreed our present policy allowing this childishness each emoticon would reward it’s user with 20 lashes.

Saddest of all is that when they read this these little monkeys, honored guests excluded, will set upon me a deluge of smiling annoyances and there is very little I can do about it.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:01 pm

:poundit: is pretty much all i have to say!!!

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby Pariente » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:15 am

Thank you, Legless Lannes.

Thank you sir Sloop, for the time you spent explaining us only eleven year old girls with bunches sitting at the first rank in classroom - I guess this cabal is worldwide - should use yellow and round things. I sympathize : smilies abuse also irritates me.
Général Thomas Pariente,
Pariente

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 am

Pariente wrote:I agree, Jean-Paul Rappeneau made a wonderful movie. But I had the chance to attend a performance at the Comédie française and there was an twenty minutes standing ovation at the end of the play.

I guess you come from Beirut, aren't you ?

Indeed

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Legless Lannes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Sloop should have his own Hallmark moment and embrace the smiley. :nod:
[N]Legless Lannes
Marshal

Postby Pariente » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce that our team is eventually ready to face other opponents. Actually, we have welcomed new members in the Division Infernale, so we had to play together a lot. We are very interested in playing with you, since we are prepared.

We are used to play the French, with the following parameters:
- view : total
- visibility : real, conditional
- friend visibility : unconditional
- orders : immediate
- orders delay : historical
- interception : on
- orders in 3D : all over the map
- information : precise
- loss of corps commanders : allowed
- galvanized units : allowed
- ammunitions : historical (limited)
- CEH : 300
- Map’s height : 32 kilometres

If we are more likely to play with such visibility, it is because we « represent » corps commanders; Napoleon was not able to say if the smoke he saw in the air was Grouchy’s or Blücher’s, but a corps commander is definitely able to see what’s happening in front of him.

Moreover, we are used to chat on Mumble while playing because conviviality and role-playing are part of the game. So if you want, we can either welcome you on our channel and create a lounge for you, or stop using it if you think it’s « cheating ». Nevertheless, sitting alone in front of my monitor bores me a little.

Awaiting to meet you on the battlefield,
Lieutenant-général Pariente.
Général Thomas Pariente,
Pariente

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 pm

thank you for the update.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby Pariente » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Oh, I forgot to tell you we will be able to form a full team (four players) only on saturdays around 20h00 (GMT+1).

We would be pleased to schedule a battle.

Bonne soirée,
Lieutenant-général Pariente.
Général Thomas Pariente,
Pariente

Previous

Return to The Tavern