THE LAW-

For introductions and general discussions

THE LAW-

Postby [N]Dreher Von Croy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Esteemed Gentelmen of Napoloenics,

I, Dreher Von Croy {I-LtCol}rr, as of 16/6/2010 set forth before you for your deliberation, opinion to be expressed in writing here, and your eventual yay or nay as to the creation of a Department of Law. A selected group of 5 individuals- 2 from each Corp and one Marechal to deliberate, discuss, scrutinize, write, amend and/or omit THE LAW according to the needs of our brethen of Napoleonics.
Furthermore, I propose the creation of a Panel of Judges. A High Courtconsisting of three peers within the ranks of Napoleonics which are NOT amongst the 5 individuals who represent the Department of Lawto review (Provide oversight to the Department of Law), enforcement of THE LAW, administer punishment in accordance to THE LAW, and VETO power of any new LAW introduced should the need arise.
Naturally, our Emperor will have the last word as to THE LAW regardless of what the Department of Law or the High Court Panel has to say. After all, our Emperor is THE LAW.
Please deliberate amongst yourselves, and post your responses publicly as to this matter.

Good day Gentlemen, respectfully-

D.V. Croy
[N]Dreher Von Croy {I-LtCol}rr
[N]Dreher Von Croy

Re: THE LAW-

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Von Croy,

The first forum entitled "the law" is supposed to house a code of conduct for all members of the forum. It will be posted shortly and it will be simple and provide clear guidelines as to the expected demeanor while posting.

Violations of the law will be delt with privately in the Gendarmerie area. We could have a panel of judges to oversee each case.

We will discuss your idea in the high command area and will let you know.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Dreher Von Croy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 pm

I believe that this should be a community decided issue amongst peers. An establishement that provides such guidance.
[N]Dreher Von Croy

Postby [N]BdColonel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 pm

This is exactly what an expanding clan needs, and in the process of moving to new forums no less.

A multitude of ranks, titles and committees with no real purpose other than to create a veritable mountain of red-tape to be used as a pile of coal to foment the petty-dictator in all of us.

In a less sarcastic tone, my opinion: Too many Generals ruin the Campaign.
VC is the Emperor, our "Big Daddy". And with good reason. He has proven his worth. We have come far, and will continue to prosper under his authority. Let's leave important matters to him and those that have invested the most in this.

And I've heard talks of "community" before. It is never anything more than an excuse for those that have done nothing to take part in the decision-making process they have no authority or stake in.
[N]BdColonel
General

Postby [N]Fullin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:04 am

This is the only clan that is an Empire!
We fight and die for the Emperor. We shout we scream and we discuss, but when the Emperor speaks , we listen, we obey and we follow.
We can suggest, advice and propose in different ways , panels ,Corps, meetings , whatever, but for me the only law is the Emperors Law.

This is , for me the defining aspect of our clan constituency.

The High comand will decide anyway, this is only my opinion, please if this goes fordward or not Von Croy , dont feel discouraged to propose new issues . I have and idea a day and I get a nay a day from Sloop. But sometimes, only sometimes , some of my brain process goes along with the high command one. And I smile.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:33 am

Guys with all respect to all involved. I think the blood is still boiling from other issues but now it is time to calm down.

@Von Croy
I always appreciate new ideas and encourage initiative taking, but I have to agree with BDC and Fullin on this one, things need to remain simple and clear, the good conduct on the forum is not negotiable. What will be the rule of conduct on this forum has already been discussed between the high command and will be posted when finalized, the same way that the [N] code of conduct was formulated and posted. I will however make another private forum for private communication between N officers. Ideas can be discussed there, mainly for different activities and not for administrative tasks. Experience has taught us that communism, sorry community run projects, invariably fail. Those of us who have been part of this community long enough know this too well.

@ BDC and Fullin
I appreciate your confidence and support but let us no forget that our new brethren in arms are not yet used to our system and so a little less sarcasm BDC would not hurt :D

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Dreher Von Croy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:18 am

Apparently, it is possible for an [N] Officer not find support amongst other [N] Officers or constructive criticism amongst peer's here. Ofcourse, why not? Why not snipe our Generals amongst our brethern on the field of battle and simply choose to look the other way when called out upon it? Why not consider our brethern lessend with scarcasim when a genuine offer of interests of topic is drawn up? Why hasten to respond to a fellow Officer with taunt rather than genuine responses? And as far as investing into Napoleonics?- Whilst some of you have more time in [N] than myself, do not presume to consider me any less a patriot to the banner of our clan or it's Emperor. Do not assume that I would not help pay to defray any actual financial costs in order to support what we all share in and appreciate here. You assume too much.
I offered up a geniune proposal to better construct the organization that is [N] and I have sarcasim and discontent thrown back at me by [N] Officers....CONSIDER THIS MY FINAL POST TO THIS FORUM, any further reproach of the matter will result in my immediate resignation of my position at [N].
Good day Gentlemen.

D.V. Croy
[N]Dreher Von Croy

Postby [N]LS » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 am

[N]Dreher Von Croy wrote:Why not snipe our Generals amongst our brethern on the field of battle and simply choose to look the other way when called out upon it?

I've already told you what you need to do in order for me to investigate.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby [N]BdColonel » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

@von Croy

I don't see anything in my post to warrant such an outburst. I don't like your idea, and I explained why.
Cheers!
[N]BdColonel
General

Postby [N]Tactacus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Gentleman,is the heat or sum mad under the radar disease that lets the red mist descend?lol

Von croy i look forward to discussing this matter at length with you on TS,and what is a fair idea has not been ridiculed or taunted just discussed between friends with the same banter and humour as we have every evening on TS.

At least you recieved an answer,my ideas usually find their way striaght in fullins waste bin ;) .

Anyway this shall be discussed amongst ourselves on TS so please BEHAVE YOURSELVES lol.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Next

Return to The Tavern