CoC 2 Germany 4 LOC

For battlefield reports and news from the front

CoC 2 Germany 4 LOC

Postby [N]LS » Sun May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Dragon's cavalry charge on the right failed to breakthrough. Their grenadiers charge on the left resulted in collapse of their entire left flank. Last stand on top of the hill, encircled from all sides.

CoC2 Germany 4 LOC.zip
(229.03 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
[N]LS
Marshal

Re: CoC 2 Germany 4 LOC

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Sun May 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks for the replay. A vid will be out as soon as I get done with the Eylau Promotional vid.

Good job with the victory guys.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon May 28, 2012 12:05 pm

i suggest everyone watch this. Not seen that good battle lately.

opening with nice cavalry duel, how italian and french cavalry beaten by LS's on time ottoman and Sloop's austria !
french charge rebuff by Pally's prussians in a neat way and LS yeniçeri come to support on time !
and a coordinated attack to the hill finally from 3-4 sides.

i am proud to see my ties of love Ottomans being used in such a way by Marshal LS ! :worship:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon May 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Sirs,

Fine work from Marshal LS (Ottoman) and Colonel Pally (Prussia) and an adequate but unimpressive performance from myself (Austria).

Austria lost 2 cavalry in the initial engagement due to a slow reaction to withdraw. Although this cavalry skirmish was expensive for us, it taxed the French and Italian cavalry reserves that would be sorely missed during their eventual assault against the Prussians. The only Austrian infantry lost was due to the Chief of Staff's lethargic reaction to Marshal LS's warning to form square (of which the Marshal will not let the Chief forget for some time). Fortunately the Royal Dragons did not test the old Marshal's position on this day because he must have forgot to take his vitamins.

Marshal LS was positioned with reserves to counter attack as planned. He saved the Austrian cavalry from near destruction and later devastated the French center at the appropriate time.

Match honors go to Colonel Pally who successfully repulsed the main French assault on our far left sending much of their heavy infantry routing off the map. This action turned the initiative over to us and sealed the fate of our opponent's armies.

I must also include that the map was greatly in our favor. The Dragons followed the best plan of attack for this map (as theorized by General Fullin). Unfortunately this was also the most obvious plan and was studied thoroughly in practice.

A formidable advasary, the Dragons also display supreme sportsmanship and courteous behavior. Never a complaint or harsh word from them and never a crashed game (which we see from some other clans). I tip my hat to these honorable gentlemen.

Marshal Sloop
Chief of Staff
[N]
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]LS » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 pm

The attack on the left was done very badly. The French clearly had the advantage but due to a variety of reasons the Prussians held.

French first line were shot to pieces and caused little casulties.
French grenadiers charged squares but were countered by superior Prussian cavalry. The grenediers simply couldn't break through.
French cavalry reservers were consisted of Dragoons only. They did not have any impact on the melee, not to mention that by the time they were used the outcome was clear anyway.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby [BPA] MAK » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:48 pm

HAHAH - great stuff !!

My congratulations gentleman - allways great to see a defeatet army of the Dragons !

I raise my glass to your honor and drink to the N clan ! Cheers!
[BPA] MAK

Postby [N]Chromey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:13 am

Proud to serve under such brilliant minds such as these. :charge:
[N]Chromey
Officer

Return to The Gazette