GM7 Round 1, White, Hekko, Heisen

For battlefield reports and news from the front

Re: GM7 Round 1, White, Hekko, Heisen

Postby [N]Wym » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Now just started watching a 4v4 replay between BPA/Grogs and BPA fielded one shit battery for the entire 4 armies thou the grogs fielded 5-6 batteries and BPA won......surly this goes to prove that at in 5.1 is :fist:
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]White » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:37 am

So far for me in this version artillery has been go big or do not bother. The only success I have really had with art is with the large 4 gun 12pder batteries or the wurt 6pder batteries where I have seen upwards of 250 kills. The smaller batteries in my opinion are very good at halting players who aren't particularly good at attacking it. However the large majority of people still playing NTW3 are competent when it comes to taking them.
[N]White
Officer

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 pm

[N]Wym wrote:Now just started watching a 4v4 replay between BPA/Grogs and BPA fielded one shit battery for the entire 4 armies thou the grogs fielded 5-6 batteries and BPA won......surly this goes to prove that at in 5.1 is :fist:

The knowledge on how to "build" and use your army around your artillery pieces, has never been at the hands of everyone .For years , artillery was always neglected by the majority ,the reasons were written ten of times.
The common person of TW,due the young age and lack of patient and will to learn military tactics, wants,a fast game easy game to control .
And that on NTW III, is easily by getting powerful cavalry and infantry . And that has been given by the Lordz due the pressure of those type of players during this years .
Also the absurd changes with Russian infantry numbers to give them more speed is just unnaceptable. Some Lordz keep editing the nations according their taste ,as Spain ,Russia ,Great Britain and France.
Artillery win battles .
Well that was on the first versions , but with the sucess of this mod, new players have come,and start to demanding changes and their demans have been granted .
Who looses ? The mod and the real passionate for this era and the result is at the eyes of everyone.

But , i still think , artillery win battles at least for my armies.
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Fullin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:02 pm

The only artillery is horse artillery.

In this big maps where the battle portrayed is not a pitched battle , but a maneuver ,deploy and pitch, napoleonic artillery is represented only by horse artillery. as such and following the proportions of armies for the period, 1 should always be present.

Now, leaving the historical bullcrap aside , you still need one, funny enough , the mod is so well constructed, that historical bullcrap works really accurate when it comes to selecting good armies...
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:09 pm

I try to always bring one battery, perferable the 3lb or 4lb horse. I love to set in on display behind my lines for all to see, polished, shiny, and brand new. On occcasion I move it as the battle lines change and sometimes I forget about it and the enemy cavlry will track it down. Of course I never unlimber it.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Wym » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:48 pm

[N]Sloop wrote:I try to always bring one battery, perferable the 3lb or 4lb horse. I love to set in on display behind my lines for all to see, polished, shiny, and brand new.

With washer women laughing at your Artillery Captain for getting the limbers stuck at a bridge??
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:23 pm

[N]Sloop wrote: Of course I never unlimber it.

:doh:
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm

It may worth a try Wym ? not sure maybe while hosting a HB map for classic and saying before the game:
'no garrison of houses, min 2 skirmishers and min 1 arty' :roll: If that would not be going back to ntw2 tho.
Wym wrote:If I had my way the army roster would have a fixed minimum of 1-2 art and 2 skirmishers per army(as I always use) ...
[N]Lancier
Officer

Previous

Return to The Gazette