B.354/4v4 DM ♠ At Rivoli ... A Good Day For The Austrians ^^

For battlefield reports and news from the front

B.354/4v4 DM ♠ At Rivoli ... A Good Day For The Austrians ^^

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:34 pm

At Rivoli.....A Good Day For The Austrians ... especially for Wym,Miguel and LaTour ^^
Great play on Wym's active flank.
Rivoli.png
[N]Lancier
Officer

Re: B.354/4v4 DM ♠ At Rivoli ... A Good Day For The Austrian

Postby [N]Wym » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Indeed a Good day for the Austrians......My first opponent was Mombi then John Doc and his damn 12lbs which La Tour helped destroy

another 4v4 with no drops and minimal lag WP lads thou I lost a full squadron of cav to a bugged house?

replay if required
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Talavera, Montmirail, Jena, Salamanca, Rivoli, Marengo ... what next ? ^^
HB maps good, makes you feel more real maybe ? but houses very hard to capture compared to classic map buildings ?
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Wym » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:36 pm

[N]Lancier wrote:Talavera, Montmirail, Jena, Salamanca, Rivoli, Marengo ... what next ? ^^
HB maps good, makes you feel more real maybe ? but houses very hard to capture compared to classic map buildings ?

Indeed the HB maps do feel less nilla ish to me, add to this that the HB maps also look incredible and greatly effect more realistic nap play styles.....I wish the buildings were non garrisonable thou and I would love to see compulsory art/skirmisher inclusion for any army
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:36 pm

There is no reason why you cant put a rule as 'no garrisoning houses' when you play HB maps as DM. We tried that in GM Austerlitz tourney it is working good.
I wish the buildings were non garrisonable thou
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 pm

I find it hard to believe that no skirmishers are used. I believe they are extreemely valuable in any firefight. Whenever I have skirmishers they become such a hinderance that cavalry always tryies to neutralize them. They can allow you the first volley as theenemy fires at them, they can hold corners as they absorb fire with less loss, they can stand in front of artillery longer that line (sometimes charging it), they also are fast and cheap.

Artillery I will say is somewhat diminished, especially in mobile battles and especially when attacking. My style of play (mobile and attacking) has never favored artillery in any version of NTW3.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Wym » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:00 pm

I am currently very active playing at least 3 evenings a week....I also watch virtually all replays from every clan,but unfortunately Skirmishers and artillery is seldom seen like wise regular/veteran infantry is also "undermanned"??

I see more Heavy Cav,all varieties of Light Infantry(maxed out caps) and all the tough infantry and numerous light cav

it is true that Artillery and Skirmishers have been NURFED and so are hardly seen......It is also true that it takes a decent player to use both effectively as they are both so vulnerable to enemy light cav.....

Add to this that most players have the "win at all cost" mentality esp in clan battles etc and will use all and every "cheat" to succeed......

Now I'm Depressed :nodno:

Fullin/Lancier can you not get the collective Lordz to try and recertify these issues??
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:02 pm

[N]Wym wrote:I am currently very active playing at least 3 evenings a week....I also watch virtually all replays from every clan,but unfortunately Skirmishers and artillery is seldom seen like wise regular/veteran infantry is also "undermanned"??

Your watching the wrong persons then :up: .
The years pass and i start to feel more a special one :fist: since it seems that i am the only one that build the armies accordingly as 2 Regiments.
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Wym » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Well I watch every available replay so....... and again I also always use Skirmishers and art.......the problem is the others........
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 pm

[N]Wym wrote:Well I watch every available replay so....... and again I also always use Skirmishers and art.......the problem is the others........

But we are one of the last ones . :charge:
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Next

Return to The Gazette