At Talavera.......A Frustrating Day For Westphalia

For battlefield reports and news from the front

Postby [N]Wym » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:34 pm

4v4 no lag/drops wpa other from my Prussian adversary Marbot who KEPT running away,I only got to grips with him in the last 20 mins or so....Now I know how a sheep dog feels

This battle followed a disastrous 4v4 at Marengo where my poor Austrians were seriously butt fucked by Lib/Sigi/Cosak combo.......with no help from my allies.....luckily for me/us my NTW stopped working so I rehosted with Talavera.......

20160408221609_1 tal.jpg
[N]Wym
Officer

Re: At Talavera.......A Frustrating Day For Westphalia

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 am

For heaven's sake stop this mayhem and misunderstanding among the community Wym, these groundbreaking timed DMs going to kill us all :grin:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Wym » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:12 am

God, I'm glad this was a timed DM or I would of been rounding up the enemy for a lot longer lol......and a 90+ min game is always enough time for an obvious conclusion without wasting time chasing down the last few enemy units.....
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:51 am

You may be right about never ending DM playing tag, i dont know how that many years we put ourselves through hell by playing forever rotating DMs instead of LoCs :doh: but 60 min (which is the max you can host i guess with timing not 90) is not enough for a DM especially if it is a classic on a HB map. Most or all games will end as a draw, there must be a way to play these as LoC maybe even without garrisoning these HB houses not sure.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Wym » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:06 pm

[N]Lancier wrote:You may be right about never ending DM playing tag, i dont know how that many years we put ourselves through hell by playing forever rotating DMs instead of LoCs :doh: but 60 min (which is the max you can host i guess with timing not 90) is not enough for a DM especially if it is a classic on a HB map. Most or all games will end as a draw, there must be a way to play these as LoC maybe even without garrisoning these HB houses not sure.

Firstly the 60min timer is actually 90 min game time(I dont know why?) and that is increased with lag??Though I wonder if the Lordz could mod the available times to 90/120 mins??

Like wise I am now only hosting timed DM's and the vast majority finish with time to spare

Thirdly the games that do not finish in time always shows the obvious winners in the result screen

Again the timer helps avoid these stupid cat and mouse battles

I will try and get the Lordz to make the LOC unit a FREE COST unit in the new patch so players do not waste 500 points which will turn all maps into playable LOC battles(say 2 LOC units per side at no cost)
[N]Wym
Officer

Return to The Gazette