Sloop finally beats the Emperor !

For battlefield reports and news from the front

Sloop finally beats the Emperor !

Postby [N]Fullin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Obviously , such a task could have only be accomplished by securing his flanks with the "Goode Ole Skool".

Although still waiting for my promised case of Vintage Port, it was my pleasure, Marshal, to help.

It is important to mention as well the only recorded battlefield case of a Marshal winning a battle being asleep. Alas Marshal Tactacus, yet another record!

I dont want to forget to mention Pallys unorthodox starategy of letting the Brits beat him badly so they will move somewhere else on the field , only to let him occupy their LOC with his hidden units .

Although we all know that these were the facts that won the day for the Chief of Staff, it was his vision to send Tac to sleep and order pally to get defeated that won the battle. Most commendable Sir.

The naked truth, and we all know it, Is that it lays upon and still remains , to the reliable Generals, without any flare or pomp , the task of winning the battles, for the glory of their Masters.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Re: Sloop finally beats the Emperor !

Postby [N]Tactacus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Did we win? Hahaha I did nod off for a bit lol as I lifted my head off the keyboard one eye slightly open I heard in my ears ”he's moving again” as my mind flickered into life my auto pilot kicked in and I began to move the inf I'd hidden behind the house. I'm not sure I enjoyed this battle so much as an open mobile map would of created I was enclosed on all sides with a single point to defend. Also because the 3 armys were prussian they were all mixed up so it felt like I was getting assaulted by all 3,although in truth I think sloop had 2. I fell asleep again just as pallys poles were beaten and us 3 were circling the wagons. Did we hold the house? Did pally take theirs if so he deserves a sneak medal. Very tough battle I rreally enjoy being the one on defense like that I may be driven back but I'll make sure you pay dearly. Also anyone have the replay?

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby Pally » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:19 am

i ended up holding our 4 pointer with 3 units of Polish, and took their 4 pointer with 2 other units of polish :up:
Pally

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

I think there is a BIG OMISSION here.

First of, The Emperor (moi) along with a brigade General (Avon), a Captain(blue max) and a an aspiring velite (chromey) gave a sound tactical beating and destroyed the armies of The Chief of staff and marshal of the empire (Sloop), a second marshal (tac), a divsion general(fullin) and a colonel(Pally).

Tactically, you guys got schooled, my plan worked perfectly, we attacked you guys, between buildings and bad terrain, on broken down ground, next to houses you occupied and wre able to expel you and send you running back home. But alas, like in many battles, a lack of judgement of a subordinate officer lost us our LOC (despite unequivocal directives from me to send a decent unit to occupy it) that we were unable to recover on time which lost us the battle. Had we had 2 more minutes this battle would have been registered as yet another victory for me.

That subordinate officer would have normally recieved 20 lashes had he not performed marvelously otherwise during the battle, beating up badly pally's polish troops and moping up the rest of the depleted french and austrian troops in front of me and avon.

Such an error will not happen again, so next time, rely more on your achievements than on our shortcoming.

:fist:

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Sorry i must of missed that i was asleep :grin: .

Me
[N]Tactacus

Postby [N]Fullin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Tactically, you guys got schooled, my plan worked perfectly, we attacked you guys, between buildings and bad terrain, on broken down ground, next to houses you occupied and wre able to expel you and send you running back home
Whats the sound part of that plan? :grin:

Had we had 2 more minutes this battle would have been registered as yet another victory for me.
...Napoleon said after Waterloo....

The whole purpose of LoC is the right use of reserves and Line of supplies.

Gret game gentlemen... but sorry....wake up Tac! :lol:
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby Pally » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 pm

hehe to be honest, even with 5 min left you wouldnt have taken that house from the polish. They take a house and use the enemy to make it a meat grinder. :lol:
Pally

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Fullins post above, GENIUS! That's what napoleon said hahaha. Great game by you guys but who was facing who around that bloody house? Max needs to guard his art with at least one cav in the vicinity I took them both with one lancer. However he played very well to cross that river.
I remember your art I got vc,well its carriges but where it was on that hill it was a constant thorn in my side..

Me
[N]Tactacus

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Hmm,

Only an Emperor can acquire selective memory and deem it fact. Pally failed on his assault on the peninsula because I failed to redirect his attack, he was following orders. Tactacus failed in his alertness because I was only mildly charismatic and I failed to properly entertain him into an awaken state. Fullin failed because his post above is sorely lacking enough complimentary statements about the Chief of Staff because I failed to whip him the last time he failed. I failed because I failed to ascertain the details of a plan so simple and lacking of creativity that my grandmother would have perceived it prior to the start of the battle.

Good game all.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Chromey » Fri May 11, 2012 6:53 am

I read this the other day at work and I really chuckled and smiled at the comments. Yes I was able to beat Pallies small little Polish but I got confused in the end as to leave what where and was just in awe of being under the Emperor I forgot my head. I appologize profusely to all players for crapping on such a fine and dashing game. God bless you all!

Viticen,

Chromey :smug:

:worship: Im sorry VC :doh: Ill never do that again!
[N]Chromey
Officer

Next

Return to The Gazette