The Naval Action Report

For discussions about Naval Action

The Naval Action Report

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:58 am

[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Re: The Begining

Postby [N]Tactacus » Thu May 21, 2015 9:07 pm

It's time again, il be sailing from 12 pm gmt unless u yanks can be on eArlier , so ntw3 then we set sail for a full night, no work Saturday so the beers are in plus rum of course.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Tactacus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3PgstbcaY
Last trafalgar before release.
Sign in next couple of days as dutch before steam release on thursday if you fancy it, you get get free exceptional ships as testers.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby stilgar » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 am

Just got the game on steam, sailed around on PVE server and the first impressions are very positive. Haven't smelled gun powder yet, tonight perhaps. Watched some guides, but would still need some advise on investing and technical matters. Joining the Dutch of course.
stilgar

Postby [N]Wym » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:42 pm

will the full release be much different to the beta version??
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Chromey » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:13 am

port battles will give the game a kind of Plantside 2 world conquest feeling and crafting is fun for the mine craft type but I dont see much difference then that . No real crew to speak of just place holders moving canons back and forth but besides that the battles still look pretty.
[N]Chromey
Officer

Postby [N]White » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Well, from what I have seen crafting is a pretty useful part of the game and learning it is definitely worth it.
[N]White
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:35 pm

I dont know how these Developers made such a game, i see this is like a second real life just at sea ! Really seems time consuming if you really want to get involved in it and be part of a group or clan. Very active game and detailed, needs effort not like our one off ntw3 battles, it is completely 'a world'. I dont think, if one dives in it properly, he will have time for something else even for his 1st real life lol. Course it can be played for fun from time to tim ?e but it seems so addictive that you want more dose each time especially if you are part of a group/clan there ? :>> For gaming yes deep water battles are like they were, great ! People talk about port battles ? i have no idea. OW is good with friends sure.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby stilgar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:44 am

Agree, Lance. The scope and depth of the game are quite impressive indeed and there is so much to do and explore. Both campaign and smaller-scale MP gameplay is there. The sailing and combat mechanics have depth I hoped for. Thumb up to the developers!

The game is still in early access, but it does look like in an advanced stage of development and is perfectly playable. The learning curve could be a bit steep and I had to scavenge around for guides and useful info to get started, but learning and also bothering your nation/clan mates by doing is still best approach.

Was I the only lucky bastard around here who got the 3 free ships (well, in fact one is just blue prints for the ship). Perhaps unfair to veterans, but a welcome boost pack for beginners like me. Anyway, have to gain some experience before I can use those lol.
stilgar

Postby [N]Wym » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:39 pm

All the reading I've done points to 100's of hours gameplay just to be adept let alone a expert lol......and it really annoys me that NA will trade RL money for better ships/upgrades similar to world of tanks etc

Its strange how much I enjoyed the combat in pve and pvp etc but I lost all interest when the OW started,its prob the time I need to put into the game coupled with the fact that you need an active group to sail with which is stopping me.....

Thou I hope to look into the game after full release??
[N]Wym
Officer

Next

Return to The Sea Port