Fleet battles

For discussions about Naval Action

Re: Fleet battles

Postby [N]Clinch » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:34 am

Kester and i are formulating a cross platform campaign here. It will take some time and we may have to wait for the skirmish function to be back in na but could prove interesting
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:28 pm

You could use the WIX system. Here is a good example:
http://alexfullin.wix.com/thecampaign
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Clinch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 am

Yeah Wix looks good. We got a little bit of time to plan this one.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 am

[N]Tactacus wrote:2 x Fleet battles last night worth a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-QcC19xmmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXAY72_f2o

Enjoy.

Tac, i liked the video and the game.
But it doesnt worth 50$ ,i know there are ten of other games costing the same with lower quality but i say the same to those .
NTW 3 naval battles (terrible work) was created by the Lordz ,because there is "no diference" betwen that Fleet game and NTW (original) naval battles.
The path to follow ,its not to go after a new naval game ,but it would be to ask to the several mods that exist on this clan to work on the naval aspect of NTW 3.
You have all the information,the objective you wish to see in NTW 3 naval battles from your experience of that Fleet game.
I have never understoud why a Lordz moder never worked properly on the naval aspect for NTW 3 .
A re-make is needed.

New maps can be created,for example having land near by with a city or fortress in the landscape. We have a similar map for land battles , where on one side of the map you can see several ships standing there and some houses. Just do the same but instead of the complexity of the landscape for land battles we would have the simplicity of the sea and oceans.
New ships can be constructed with the historical corrections .

You as a Emperor of a clan full of artists should put them to work to your ,and many other, desires .
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:02 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder yoyo and of course it's subjective but I would say this of all the games I've bought apart from ntw 2 and 3 I would consider I have t really got my money's worth. However with naval action its in alpha and I've played lots and lots of hours so I've probably got my money's worth already.
Basically I can accept someone not liking the look of the game and not wanting to pay for it but until you've played it you can t say it Isn t worth it.
It would be like saying you can mod ntw3 to play like mount and blade napoleonic war and napoleonic, two totally different games that are set in the same time period, ntw3 naval is like a small part of skirmish mode in naval action and in no way can be brought up to anything like that standard.
As I say though everyone is welcome to there own views. Remember it's still in alpha, during fleet battles my heart can go only like a very important clan battle on ntw3, that's why I play it and I would pay for that.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Ok ,no remake of ntw 3 navals then.
As i said i liked what i saw,but its doenst give more than what i already had on NTW navals in my opinion.
I dont say that the game doesnt worth that money for the ones that like it ,i like it but not for that amount and specially when we could have a naval game for free with ntw3 with the same or better quality.
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Tactacus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:20 pm

I think thats my point yoyo it wouldn t be the same standard or quality it would be totally inferior no matter how much modding you do.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:56 pm

NA is basically an FPS, one player one ship.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Clinch » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Ntw3 naval battles also defy wind physics whereas na is guided by it. Much more realistic in my view. Controling several ships with waypoints and movement markers is only akin to directing a movie about it where na actively feels as though youre a part of it.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Jerniga » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 pm

That was a very good analogy general clinch
[N]Jerniga

PreviousNext

Return to The Sea Port