Just Posted This On Lordz

For discussions of napoleonic games

Just Posted This On Lordz

Postby [N]Wym » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:05 pm

In the new NTW3 Version 5.2+ I would like to see the following adjustments/inclusions, all of which will make the mod imo a better more realistic game for all, feel free to comment?

Artillery needs a boost to its RS/canister damage and possibly a moral boost, as very few players are now using Art in game which is preposterous(ineffective in dealing death and to vulnerable to cheap enemy cav)

Horse Artillery also needs a speed boost in movement,limbering,unlimbering,pivoting etc as these are meant to be galloper guns that can keep up with cavalry? So attacking players can effectively use Hrs Art to aid their attacks

Skirmishers need a movement speed boost(barely moves faster than line inf) and a accuracy boost as again very few people are using them since they were nurfed from v5

Plz make the LOC unit a FREE COST unit so we can play LOC's on non LOC maps without wasting 500 points

If Poss can you remod the game timer to give us 90 or 120 min etc this will help avoid these silly cat and mouse battles

Unit spacing's need to be adjusted to stop this crazy stacking we all see this will help in reducing the blob charges of stacked units and would also stop people charging cavalry through their own line infantry to target art or increase melee advantage?

Friendly damage as we now see when friendly cavalry is charged through friendly skirmishers needs to be incorporated for all friendly units ie Infantry/Cavalry and artillery..... so when players charge a full regiment of cavalry through friends and foe alike all take the obvious damage....again this will help create a far more realistic mod??

All nations should have at least one pioneer/sapper unit?

As previously discussed guerilla units needs to be employed across to board or heavily curtailed for the current nations who use them?

Again all nations should have a unit or two of say dragoons who can dismount if required? as only the Russians and Swedes have these unit??? which is historically baffling?

The general unit should lose its combat ability totally so the cant target enemy art etc likewise the moral should not adversely effect the enemy only positively effect friendlies etc?

The British needs a boost in either reload or accuracy as in v5?

Talavera,Friedland and Ocena classic HB maps would be far better if the deployment was not the current 50/50 of the map plz set the normal deployment zone depth?

Ziegelhof is unplayable(badly bugged)

bailen deployment is bugged

Coruna deployment 'bottle necks one player who CAN NOT get out which makes the map to unfair

Thats about it for now?
[N]Wym
Officer

Re: Just Posted This On Lordz

Postby [N]White » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:58 pm

I've responded with my current opinion on this version ;p
[N]White
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:16 pm

I agree almost all parts Wym mention here.

Also these classic mod human mass blocks with no skirmishers and no arty with 1-2 light cav and spam elites + lights ... (i am guilty here too :oops: ) carry away the mod somewhere else ..?
Hope we dont crave even for ntw2 spirit soon ^^
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:09 pm

I seldom concern myself with the statistics or designs of the mod. My job has always been victory; [N] triumphant.

In my mind only the best, the most victorious, have the absolute authority to suggest changes. For over a decade I have endured the weak and the incompetent as they argue the discrepancies of the game to make excuses or to minimize their inability to play it. Some will even make rules to balance their weaknesses.

As long as you win you will have my ear, or at least you will not garner my ridicule.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Wym » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:45 pm

[N]Sloop wrote:In my mind only the best, the most victorious, have the absolute authority to suggest changes.

Thank you Marechal I feel truely honoured........your confidence in in me truely exemplifies your wisdom and foresight in all military matters.......
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:15 am

Yes Wym. The other example is when victory becomes second nature and correcting the mod keeps one engaged.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Wym » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:34 pm

[N]Sloop wrote:Yes Wym. The other example is when victory becomes second nature and correcting the mod keeps one engaged.

Indeed......you are certainly a wise and intelligent fellow.......a truely benifiecent being though I do hope that some if not all of my suggestions will be acted upon
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:09 pm

[N]Wym wrote:... I do hope that some if not all of my suggestions will be acted upon

Wym, as an active field officer your suggestions is very important for the lords i guess, patches will never stop right? so suggestions and opinions from active players on every version is valuable for a better and better one? Apart from the facts you mentioned above if you see some absurd rosters (caps .. spam) with majors/minors in v5.1 ? post on lords forum too please before it is released.

Lord Cosak on lordz public forum wrote:Thank you for your many suggestions. The Lordz are currently working on a major update.

Dismounting (Spain, Sweden, Russia) shouldn't be possible any more, as it barely never happened, ie. the French "Dragons à pieds" existed only because the French has no more horses. Moreover it has an unwanted side-effect, like the Russian Konie Yegerya spam we can see in many battles.

Skirmishers are effective but too vulnerable. We're working on either making them more effective... or less vulnerable.

Far from all nations had sappers.

The British infantry already has a nice boost in accuracy and reloading. Its heavies are the best after the Imperial Guard, Russia and Saxony. Although UK will get a little help in another way.

The general unit already has 0 in melee, it can't be even lower. Another option is make the general unit like any other scout cavalry (26 men), as vulnerable as others. So it could be killed easily when used to seize artillery. We need your opinion on this.

Thank you for any feedback or reply (and sorry for my clumsy English).

· We try to fix some known unstability issues
· The general will always be able to unlimber artillery, it's not moddable; though we're discussing what to do with the general unit
· The timer could be adjusted in HB battles, but it's a constant there (not adjustable, or even cancellable)
· Deploy zones should be fixed
· Theres a binary choice: tiehr cavalry can easily walk through your own infantry, and it can trampled/kill your own men when charging... or infantry blocks cavalry and can't be trampled. A change here might not be welcome, and if so, it'd require long tests. White is right that what causes friendly kills amongst your own skirmishers is charging, not just running through.
· Numerous new/updated units expected, and some kind of new factions
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 am

[N]Wym wrote:Indeed......you are certainly a wise and intelligent fellow.......a truely benifiecent being ...(etc, etc.).

Truly a proper and ambitious junior officer. Brilliant and effective on the field of battle as well as in Fullin's smoking lounge at the officer's club. Impressive.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:10 am

[N]Lancier wrote:

Lancier, any idea when the new update will come ? And any justification of why the excellent project that was being done ,about the begining of the Napoleonic Wars ,was cancelled ?
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Next

Return to The Officer's Club