Postby [N]Fullin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:50 am

Pdf file with updated rules
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fj7n7 ... ules_1.pdf

12/8/2015
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Re: Campaign General Rules

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:15 am

Do we play with weather conditions or the maps simulate that .
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby FireTight » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 pm

I just read the rules and I would like to suggest another (battle) rule: no first LoC sniping by arty. I know it is common non-writen fairplay rule (just like with generals), but just to be sure. And also add some rule about position of the first LoC, because right now I think you can be bitch about it and place first LoC in the corner of the map and/or behind second LoC (from the view of attacking side).
FireTight

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi, I am the Dungeon Master's little troll. He sends me into the labyrinth to help the lost paladins. Note that anything I say can not be used in a court of law. Also note that the Master has made many changes after the beta and his system is constantly improving.
oOIYvYIOo wrote:Do we play with weather conditions or the maps simulate that .
Weather is only simulated on the strategic map and the battle maps are chosen to simulate this also. Try to have clear weather for the all battles as this will help with lag etc.
FireTight wrote:I just read the rules and I would like to suggest another (battle) rule: no first LoC sniping by arty. I know it is common non-writen fairplay rule (just like with generals), but just to be sure.
If the enemy can get a clear shot on your LOC you deserve to lose (Sloop’s opinion). In the beta the LOC’s were usually so well positioned that the battle was decided before they were threatened by any artillery. My only concern is to keep the battle rules to an absolute minimum to avoid arguments later. This is just my view and I am unaware of the Master’s opinion on this.
FireTight wrote:And also add some rule about position of the first LoC, because right now I think you can be bitch about it and place first LoC in the corner of the map and/or behind second LoC (from the view of attacking side).
Coincidently the LOC topic was discussed by the Master just yesterday and covered a range of problems and possibilities for LOC units, including the placement situations you mentioned. The Master is working on this.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:58 pm

[N]Sloop wrote:Weather is only simulated on the strategic map and the battle maps are chosen to simulate this also. Try to have clear weather for the all battles as this will help with lag etc.

Is the weather made by random.org.
Is there any chance to know which zones on the campaign map that is under bad weather .
I know that scouts already supply any information a movement ahead the army.
.☠. § § Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
oOIYvYIOo

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

oOIYvYIOo wrote:Is the weather made by random.org.
Is there any chance to know which zones on the campaign map that is under bad weather .
The CM uses an online randomizer and everyone has access to this "fair" information. I am unsure if it is random.org.

I believe the entire map is affected by the same weather? The area covered in the Brussels Campaign was quite small, perhaps in the future some larger campaigns will have different weather zones.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Fullin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:11 am

oOIYvYIOo wrote:
[N]Sloop wrote:Weather is only simulated on the strategic map and the battle maps are chosen to simulate this also. Try to have clear weather for the all battles as this will help with lag etc.

Is the weather made by random.org.

The game has a deck of cards with weather conditions, at the brggining of each turn a players draws a card and voila the weather!

Beeing Belgium not bigger than my backyard, weather is consistent for the whole map.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Fullin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:46 pm

FireTight wrote:I just read the rules and I would like to suggest another (battle) rule: no first LoC sniping by arty. I know it is common non-writen fairplay rule (just like with generals), but just to be sure. And also add some rule about position of the first LoC, because right now I think you can be bitch about it and place first LoC in the corner of the map and/or behind second LoC (from the view of attacking side).

LoC unit is prepared not to be able to be hit by art or attack by cav(if in square)
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:56 am

The LoC unit (called Command Point in-game) is very hard to hit with artillery or musket fire.
I doubt you could destroy it with these.
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:26 am

[N]Avon Ulysses wrote:The LoC unit (called Command Point in-game) is very hard to hit with artillery or musket fire.
I doubt you could destroy it with these.
Still, shouldn't we have more rules to cover the possibility of rare occurrences such as this? Perhaps no shooting at LOC units after measuring the distance between these units by the distance of the generals command radius multiplies by the algometric equation of quantum physical algorithms equal to E+MC squared?
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Campaigns