Website designers have become great strategic anthropologist

For technical help

Website designers have become great strategic anthropologist

Postby Lepic » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:34 am

Understanding how and why people use your sites while keeping focused on community needs.

Understand how your target audiences use social media so that they can incorporate liking, sharing, commenting, pinning, etc. in new ways that meet expectations and surprise and delight.

Integrating social media into your site requires more that just sticking on a few buttons.
How to effectively integrate Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest in a way that generates a conversation around a brand – and keeps that conversation fresh.

Fewer people are experiencing your website.
Many think of their Website as being the center of their online universe. But more and more players use social media sites as a starting point for accessing information about products and promotions, gathering customer feedback, voicing opinions and seeking customer service.

Some have done away with traditional websites all together, and instead are using some combination of Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest to get their message out.

Should you ditch your website? Not necessarily. But if you want your Website to truly engage and convert visitors, you should take some lessons from – if not fully embrace – the popular social media sites.

Driving awareness and traffic
Do not ignore social media, you eliminate the potential for sharing and earned amplification.
Let customers know what social media sites you're on
Allow social logins to make it easier to connect with you
Make your design social media friendly
Make content shareable
Incorporate Facebook Reviews into your website
Embed videos when appropriate

The bottom line regarding web design and social media:
It no longer makes sense to create a website if it's not going to be integrated with your social network.
You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war
Lepic

Re: Website designers have become great strategic anthropolo

Postby Lepic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:43 am

a very interesting stat for our example website http://www.thelordz.org/ would be for traffic sources via social media right now being at less than 1%

Facebook Drives Nearly One-Fourth Of All Referral Traffic
You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war
Lepic

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:25 pm

The Spartans did not concern themselves about socializing with the world.

Social media, of which I do not participate, would be a good feature for the Lordz and the community. It certainly could not hurt the hobby or the mod. As for implementation I doubt the Lordz would move aggressively in this area as they are old stuffy pompous jackasses, similar to myself. As in the case of most of the "advertizing" efforts for the mod, calling attention to the mod is mostly done by individuals in the community. These include Yoyo's video channel, Lanciers Tourney & websites, and many others that have the same desires as Lepic to expand interest. So someone must be proactive to achieve this idea.

I must reiterate that [N] has not been a great vessel of promotion. On the contrary and in all likelihood, by the decimation and slaughter of the newbs and the utter crushing of their hopes to achieve victory, [N] has probably persuaded more new players to leave the mod than they have ever convinced to stay.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby Lepic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:22 am

i like dads army its funny and a great deal of fun
not surprised at all you are socially shy and against exposing yourself openly to the world...................
well there are a lot of unconfirmed rumors?

a very accurate analogy of yourself indeed

individuals within the communities efforts are and what has enabled the continuation against all odds thus far but unless collective cohesion is achieved i fear their efforts will be for nothing long term
we all hope someone will achieve this idea?

i cannot speak for other newbs only for myself
N as been an unquantifiable source of inspiration so far to me and you sir above all others!

it would be wonderful to see again the decimation and slaughter by N as this would surely mean its active return to the field ???
Lepic

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:09 am

"Socially shy".. yes, that's me, ask anyone on TS, especially the one's who have met me in person. In RL I avoid all social media because I find it stupid and boring. This forum is the closest I get to Facebook.

I hear rumor that [N] may be gathering tomorrow on Friday for their favorite pastime; the consumption of alcohol and a TeamSpeak brawl. There is also the possibility that we may actually stumble our way onto a battlefield.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby Lepic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:16 am

there is no reason for me to discuss you on ts

I avoid all social media because I find it stupid and boring

yes they said that about rock and roll

[N] may be gathering tomorrow on Friday

well its about time and long overdue

Steve Jobs once said: "The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
Lepic

Return to The Mairie