Need some help. Keep crashing NTW 3

For technical help

Need some help. Keep crashing NTW 3

Postby [N]Tarheel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 pm

This was posted in the Lordz forum as well, but was wondering if one of my genius clan mates might know of a solution to my woes:

Hello gents,

Need some help. Ever since last August, my computer keeps crashing NTW3 3v3 or 4v4 (2v2 seems to work fine) before any engagement happens (probably about 15-20 min into the battle). My computers specs are 4 gig of memory, 9550 Quad core processor, Nvidia 9600 GT 512 MB graphics card, with 137 gb free of a 500 gb hard drive. I ran Nvidia moniter to determine temp of graphics card and performance of CPU, Memory, Hard disk and network while playing the game. At the moment the crash occurred, my CPU was at 60%, my Memory was at 75%, network was negligible and the Hard disk spiked to 100%. The Graphics card temp was 57 degrees, which is normal range for that graphics card.

I have no problem playing graphic intensive games such as BF3, but I am convinced it is something wrong with my computer and not NTW3 as I have reinstalled both the mod and steam.

So before I go out and spend money on upgrading my computer, what is causing the problem, is it my hard disk, memory, graphics card or a combination of all three? What could be causing these consistant drops in the opening of any 3v3 or 4v4?

Help please b/c I really enjoy this game and wish to play it for years to come,

Tarheel
[N]Tarheel

Re: Need some help. Keep crashing NTW 3

Postby [N]Avon Ulysses » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:08 pm

It's hard to say what is wrong Tarheal.
It seems to be something specific to the game, as other games are working fine.
It's probably not your 'net connection.

To be on the safe side try re-download the 2 files.
Then totally uninstalling N:TW & NTW3 (delete everything with NTW3 in the name). Then reinstalling N:TW & applying the mod.

Also make sure you have up-to-date drivers for your graphics card.
No pop-up or something making the game crash?
Get rid of some of those little 'apps' that seem to accumulate on computers (unusually starting up automatically when you turn on your pc).
Not a problem with your security software (unlikely)?
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

[N]Avon Ulysses
Officer

Postby [N]Tarheel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Just found a possible solution....will try it when I get home from work. Here is the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484
[N]Tarheel

Postby [V]tanne44 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:18 am

[N]Tarheel wrote:Just found a possible solution....will try it when I get home from work. Here is the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484

thx for that link tarheal because i have the same problem sometimes and that link/webside explains a lot .

:up: :drunk:
[V]tanne44

Return to The Mairie