This is what we were talking about

For discussions of napoleonic games

This is what we were talking about

Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:24 pm

http://www.ultimategeneral.com
Darth making his own civil war game. Says its to be played from high altitude. Terrain and elevation gives an advantage.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Re: This is what we were talking about

Postby [N]Chromey » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm

looks promising!
[N]Chromey
Officer

Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:22 pm

This is going to be Sid Meyers Gettysburg on steriods. Darth said this game will be strongly influenced by his 2 favorites, sm Gettysburg and CW generals 2. This is the game I've been hoping someone would make.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Looks wonderful and sounds even better. I will pre-order this when available.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:53 pm

It is funny, it was exactly the same concept we had when i was talking about making a napoleonic game with fullin, badger and others...
We did not proceed because the interest died among some of them.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Clinch » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah that's exactly why I titled this as I did. As long as people can sacrifice the graphics, I think this can truly turn into the strategic and tactical game we all long for. We will have to see what this engine is capable of. Darth says he plans on alpha testing by mid july.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Fullin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Its a shame our work on that game died, but it was all Histwar fault.

Its a shame because our work was actually better than Darth in the graphic department.
But iam really happy to see this concept coming along , because that is what think a Nap game should be.

[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:52 pm

I would of loved you guys to keep working with HIstwar. I just got my new DL of Histwar and am not happy with it. Got the same bugs as before and a lot more. The atmosphere looks cool unless you move and than it glitches out really bad and the mechanics for movement and combat are the same abstract weirdness. I hope they can pull it together.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:00 pm

@Fullin

It was not Histwar's fault, the reason we stopped was because Badger and Stephen, both of whom i was hoping would help me program this, quit. Otherwise we would still be working on it.

@Bloody bill
I saw the glitch in the sky, i told JMM about it, he will fix it.
If you are still playing in 1:1 scale, you will still see lots of graphical glitches because he was not worked on that scale yet, play it in 1:10 scale you will not see many of these.

The first thing i noticed in the new download is how much better cavalry charges are, the way the horsemen go into each other, decelerate and stop. It much better done.
I did not play it much but it seems a lot less buggy and apparently beta tester reports confirmed this to him.
There are a lot of internal fixes, but graphically he has not fixed the 1:1 scale yet but that is on the agenda for version 4.

I saw yesterday the new ground for Histwar2, i was speechless. He told me that the pictures do not make it justice, that the ground looks a lot better animated, but boy what a leap in graphics quality. I was amazed.
Unfortunately, he asked me not to share these pics for now...but believe you me, good things are coming.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Also Bill,
This new release is not the final patch, he releae it to get massive input, fix any bugs and then release the official patch, so this glitch in the sky will be fixed soon.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Next

Return to The Officer's Club