The Naval Action Report

For discussions about Naval Action

Re: The Begining

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:23 pm

... a good observation Lancier. At least this MMO is bearing on Napoleonic era history, not fantasy or science fiction.

MMO's are infamous for requiring all of one's time. With all the management and having to travel distances as well as being highly addictive, MMO's will take over your life. Notice that those that are hooked on World of Naval Actioncraft do not play other games. They have given up everything for the MMO. They will go without NTW, food, and sex just to fill their insatiable desire to craft that next item or steal from some victim. What eventually happens after a year or three of playing, these addicts go through intervention and counseling and try to get their jobs, wives, families, and RTS friends back.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby stilgar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 am

NP, Lance. I understand. There are 3-4 games I would like to play regularly (including NTW3), but with limited free time, choices have to be made.

@ Sloop. I suppose you are right and there is always an addiction component. However, I am under impression that for most part SP activities (leveling-up, generating cash, and crafting) are carried out to fuel the conquest / campaign part of the game, at least by people in NA clan I joined. As long as devs get the campaign aspect right, the game will be played.

Another highlight of the game is battle mechanics, which will become increasingly realistic in coming patches. Discovering it is fun on its own.
stilgar

Postby [N]Sloop » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:26 am

I must add that NA is a fantastic game. I have been playing it since the early alpha. But as the wise man said; one must choose how to spend one's time. I am glad there is the instant battles as this is a fine diversion for a quick game. The Open World however would require too much from my other pursuits.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Lancier » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:50 am

Around 45 people ( 30 from six ntw3 clans and 15 from the ntw3 community without clans) have the game. More on way it seems. No game could attract that many people from this ntw3 community altogether until now i think, wow, great success of NA.
Course problem is not people having a new game but ones who set sail for new horizons and meet the caribbean exotic life will not want to come back to the muddy mainland and smell the muskets smoke again :>>

stilgar wrote:NP, Lance. I understand. There are 3-4 games I would like to play regularly (including NTW3), but with limited free time, choices have to be made.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]White » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 am

Eh. I don't think its a worry. We still manage to play 3/4 games a night if we wish.. I'd maybe say 45 is a bit too much as well as I can't even think of 45 active community players myself
[N]White
Officer

Postby stilgar » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Well, after the ruled gaming, HBs, and more recently Fullin's campaign became matters of the past, I thought I could use a vacation. Caribbean one felt like a good option.

Anyway, hope to see you all on dusty and bloody Napoleonic battlefields once again on a sunny day. :wink:
stilgar

Postby [N]Lancier » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Agree Stilgar. It is all about giving something its due. That may be a game, clan, tag, flag or whatever. Only exception to this for comp gaming would be RL which is always of top priority. See you soon. ^^
stilgar wrote:Well, after the ruled gaming, HBs, and more recently Fullin's campaign became matters of the past, I thought I could use a vacation. Caribbean one felt like a good option.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Previous

Return to The Sea Port